Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z77 extreme 6 doesn't detect my Sapphire HD 7850 GPU

As I said here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...problem-2.html
    I have the same problem with my GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H (rev. 1.1) and GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti GV-N66TOC-2GD. It only works on Gen1.
    Has anyone found the solution?

Comment

Hi Martins,

Please contact me via PM and tell me the model name of M/B and detailed symtom.
      I will assist you further.
      Thanks!

Hi nascar59,

Please refer to below suggestions to try first.
      1. Update the latest BIOS P2.80 from below link and then load BIOS default settings to try again.
      Link: ASRock > Z77 Extreme4
      2. Please check if system works under BIOS.
      3. If possible, please change another ATI VGA card to check this issue again.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

Yesterday I dismantle my PC to pieces and reassemble it again. After that all works perfectly. I am not sure what was wrong. Most likely there was some dust on CPU, because its the only thing I have not touched before.
        Anyway, this was probably my fault

Comment

Hello, i have the same problem with an asrock Z77 extreme4 and 7970 SAPPHIRE. it works well with an old card but not with my 7970 and my 7970 work well with an other motherboard. Should I bring my card to the store or do you have a solution? Thank you in advance for your answers.
          Last edited by Maddigo; 03-29-2013, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I have had exactly the same problem as described with more than one MB. This is clearly a MB issue and specifically it is the BIOS not recognizing functioning AMD cards (already went a round with XFX on a card I thought was defective to my pocket books detriment). The problem has two modes.

1) When you cold boot the card cannot be detected no matter what you try EXCEPT to switch to Gen1 on the slot it is in (comically enough which the BIOS seems to 'forget' once it finds the card on my board). I have three AMD cards which I have tried this with and all behave the same. Once and only once I was able to have the card recognized by a BIOS reset.

2) When you sleep the video will occasionally not come back without a MB reset which really oddly usually results in a Windows Resume? WTH!

These problems are widespread and repeatable. They are not issues with the graphics cards. They are not a symptom of a troubled PS. They ARE a problem with the motherboard and ASRock needs to acknowledge this; and hopefully fix it.

This is really troubling as I have put numerous (more than a dozen) ASRock MB of similar configuration I have installed into fairly critical installations but all using on board video. So far they have all performed stellar with one exception; every single one 'occasionally' (there is that darn word again) has the video completely flake out when a USB3 device is plugged into a front USB3 port. The screen turns into a number of shifting squares of differing and changing colors. This is entirely consistent in its inconsistency; meaning the only time I have seen the problem is when using the front USB3 ports and only when attaching a USB3 device.

AND this is clearly not directly connected with this thread other than it appears to be a bug in the BIOS that has something to do with video. It almost appears that when I attach said device the video just disconnects from logic leaving whatever 'crap' is in the shared memory (which possibly is freed of this constraint) to be displayed.

Bottom line is the Extreme Z77 boards are flawed and it appears to be at the BIOS level. ASRock undoubtedly knows this.

Do you have a 'real' fix or is this all PM under the radar to hide the fact there is no answer?

Comment

Hi. I have same problem with ASRock H87 Performance and HD 6770, i updated BIOS to 1.60 (newest).
              Only working solution is PCIE2 to Gen1. I tested my (broken) 8800GT on Gen3 and it works perfecly.

Any solutions to this? It a new mobo... I didnt expected problems like this.

Comment

My motherboard was good until now and have the EXACT issue
                Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 with AMD Radeon 5800 and it just won't detect my GPU. A trick I learned was to press F2 and go into BIOS, then exit out of BIOS menu and Windows would boot normally with graphics.

Anyone able to resolve this? Very frustrating

Comment

Working...
                X