Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z77 extreme 6 doesn't detect my Sapphire HD 7850 GPU

Dear all,

I borrowed Sapphire HD7850 2G GDDR5 VGA card and tested it on Z77 Extreme6 and Z77 Professional.
    The VGA card works at PCI-E 3.0 normally and we do 3Dmark11 test overnight is passed.
    Please refer to below link to check the test result.
    Link: http://download.asrock.com/Z77%20Ext...e%20HD7850.jpg

About this issue, please kindly provide your e-mail address for me via PM.
    I will provide some ways for you to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
      Dear all,

I borrowed Sapphire HD7850 2G GDDR5 VGA card and tested it on Z77 Extreme6 and Z77 Professional.
      The VGA card works at PCI-E 3.0 normally and we do 3Dmark11 test overnight is passed.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily
      My graphics card works fine too once it is detected. But problem is, it is not detected if my computer has been powered off for a long time. It is detected if I either set PCIE link speed to Gen 1, or if I boot into Windows, shut down and then turn on my PC again. The second method doesn't always work the first time. For example, today I had to try three times before the graphics card was finally detected.

Also, my default GPU clock and memory clock as reported by GPU-Z doesn't match the card that you are using.

Edit: It seems the BIOS version doesn't match either.

Edit: I have sent you a PM with my email address.
      Last edited by -AB-; 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
        Dear all,

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily
        Thank you for your assistance. I must have a faulty model. I have returned it to the shop for service. I think I will try a GTX 670 instead.

Comment

@freddy31

Do you still have the card? If yes, try setting your primary graphics adapter to "onboard" in BIOS and then you should be able to boot with the graphics card inserted. After that check System Browser in BIOS to see if the card is being detected.

Comment

Originally posted by -AB- View Post
            @freddy31

Do you still have the card? If yes, try setting your primary graphics adapter to "onboard" in BIOS and then you should be able to boot with the graphics card inserted. After that check System Browser in BIOS to see if the card is being detected.
            The card has gone back for service. I have already tried your suggestion, the card was not detected in System Browser unless the PCIe slot was set to Gen1.

Regards

Comment

@freddy31

I 've already sent my sapphire gfx card to my vendor for inspection. Will get a replacement card soon to check if I still got issues.
              Best
              Freddy
              Last edited by freddy31; 07-31-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I got a replacement card today and my new Sapphire HD 7850 works flawlessly, hooray. The card I got has a different Product Number and different display connextors then my previous model.

Comment

Originally posted by freddy31 View Post
                  I got a replacement card today and my new Sapphire HD 7850 works flawlessly, hooray. The card I got has a different Product Number and different display connextors then my previous model.
                  It's good that you got a replacement. I believe the problem you were experiencing was due to the graphics card bios.

Originally posted by Gentletouch View Post
                  The card has gone back for service. I have already tried your suggestion, the card was not detected in System Browser unless the PCIe slot was set to Gen1.

Regards
                  And what about you Gentletouch? Did you also get a replacement? Please let me know.

Anyway, I am also considering taking my card to the service center. But not sure if I will get a replacement though. The card works fine once it is detected. I have tested it for 12 hours straight. It would be a huge waste of time if I take the card to the service center and they just return it the next day saying that it's working fine for them.

For now I am using the card by setting the PCIE2 link speed to Gen1 everyday when I turn on my PC. And about 20-30 minutes later I set it to Auto again and it works.

Comment

Hi,
                    I am having exactly the same issue.
                    Asrock Extreme 6
                    Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition
                    intel i5 3570K

The card is not detected if it is installed in PCIE slot 2 unless the link speed is set to Gen 1. The card is detected and works with no problems if it is installed in PCIE slot 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zavia

Comment

Hi Zavia,

Please try using your PC for a few hours with PCIE2 link speed set to Gen 1 and then reboot and set the link speed to Auto to see if the card is detected. If not then set it to Gen 1 again and continue to use your PC. You can try setting the link speed to Auto again after another few hours.

And please post GPU-Z screenshots of your card. I am interested in your card's BIOS version, clock speeds, etc. Here's a screenshot that shows the various details of my card - http://i46.tinypic.com/2vvq73s.png.

By the way, I submitted my card to the local Sapphire distributor yesterday. Will let you know if it turns out to be the card that is faulty.

Also, I came across the following thread which is also about the exact same problem that we are experiencing. http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-pcie-x16.html

Comment

I'm having the same problem. If I leave my PC powered off for a few hours I get nothing on my screen.
                        My system is:
                        NTEL CORE i5 3550 (3.3GHZ) SKT 1155
                        ASROCK Z77 PRO4
                        GSKILL KIT 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RIPJAW X (CL9)
                        NOX BLAZE SX
                        XFX PRO 550W CORE EDITION
                        SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB DDR5 PCI-E

How did you guys resolved it?

Comment

No luck so far with that method. Tried it a couple of times.

I've attached the GPU-Z screenshot, one where it is in Slot 2 and another when in slot 4. The interesting thing is that it is automatically detected if it's in Slot 4 however as you can see from the screen shot, it still runs at Gen 1 speed.

Hi Zavia,

Please try using your PC for a few hours with PCIE2 link speed set to Gen 1 and then reboot and set the link speed to Auto to see if the card is detected. If not then set it to Gen 1 again and continue to use your PC. You can try setting the link speed to Auto again after another few hours.

And please post GPU-Z screenshots of your card. I am interested in your card's BIOS version, clock speeds, etc. Here's a screenshot that shows the various details of my card - http://i46.tinypic.com/2vvq73s.png.

By the way, I submitted my card to the local Sapphire distributor yesterday. Will let you know if it turns out to be the card that is faulty.

Also, I came across the following thread which is also about the exact same problem that we are experiencing. http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-pcie-x16.html
                          Attached Files

Comment

I see from your screenshots that in slot 4 you get PCIE x8. I only get x4, is it normal? I'm currently running my graphic card on slot4 since this stupid Asrock z77 pro4 board doesn't like it other way. I'm very unhappy with this board, never happened to me before, and it's the last asrock I'll ever buy. I ran 3dmark 11 and get 5100 points using slot 4, what about you guys?

Comment

The problem we are experiencing is due to faulty PCIE switches in our motherboards. TweakTown member hansip87 had the same problem with his Gigabyte motherboard. Have look at his post here - http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post436540.

Anyway, you guys should get your motherboards serviced or replaced. Whichever is possible. I am planning on getting my motherboard serviced. For now I am using my card in the PCIE slot 4. I got my card back from the service center yesterday. They said it was working fine for them which is what I expected they would say.

Originally posted by Fractalz View Post
                              The interesting thing is that it is automatically detected if it's in Slot 4 however as you can see from the screen shot, it still runs at Gen 1 speed.
                              That's a power saving feature. Click on the question mark for more info.

I see from your screenshots that in slot 4 you get PCIE x8. I only get x4, is it normal?
                              Yes it is normal. Your motherboard has only 1 PCIE 3 x16 slot. The other one is a PCIE 2 x16 slot which can also run in PCIE 3 x4 mode. ASRock > Z77 Pro4

Comment

i got an Asrock Extreme 4 and got same problem wit a XFX Radeon 6770 it first was working fine for a few moths I had to change cpu from I7 to I3 then I7 now can not not get 6770 working that all try gen1,gen2 or gen 3 got nothing try the 6770 on a different pc works fine but for now using it with a Nvidia Geforce Gt 520 that Okay here no gamer but can not not figure WHY try both Pcie nothing with 6770 (yes got it connected to the 6 pins to motherboard) am lost but working NOW with the nvidia
                                (
                                Asrock Extreme4 Bios 2.30
                                16gig ram corsair Vengence
                                I7 cpu at 4.
                                samsung ssd 128
                                now Geforce Gt 520 want my XFX6770
                                1 terabyte for Movie & Pic
                                windows 7
                                Ultimate edition 3.5 (BEST LINUX YET)

Comment

Working...
                                X