Clear All

Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Originally posted by copystuff View Post
    will do not sure which to order either of these

Asus P8Z68-V

Asus P8Z68-V PRO

MSI Z68A-GD65

MSI Z68MA-ED55
    This is not right thread to ask that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ydinsieni View Post
      This is not right thread to ask that I guess.
      Good job i wasnt asking then isnt it.

Comment

Hi Da_Man There is a new Bios for your board 1.60 if you wish to try it but also if you do can you note your default IGPU voltage and also after bios update. Also where in asia are you ?
        Last edited by copystuff; 07-16-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

The problem still occurs with version 1.60.

Comment

Looks like the Board is at fault here as a guy from another forum gave this answer

i have had my board asrock for 6 wks but not sure if they will take it back.. BSOD'S all the time but if i use a Asus Z68 Pro its fine.. Ta
            <!-- / message -->
            yeah had no problems with the IGP on the Asus.. well had no BSOD or stupid cpu errors etc..

Hi guys a new Z68 Extreme4 BIOS (1.60) but please can someone take note of the IGPU voltage setting at stock before update and after update thanks.

Comment

No watchdog timeout blue screens since upping the vcore to 1.20v.

Had an almost-complete hang today which I was unable to determine the cause of and had to reset. From the monitoring software opened on my second screen, it looks like the CPU was swapping the app (game) between cores when/after/as this occured.
              Last edited by Lukian; 07-22-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukian View Post
                No watchdog timeout blue screens since upping the vcore to 1.20v.

Had an almost-complete hang today which I was unable to determine the cause of and had to reset. From the monitoring software opened on my second screen, it looks like the CPU was swapping the app (game) between cores when/after/as this occured.
                Seems funny how not everyone suffers from this problem but the problem has gone for me now as i returned my board for a refund. Now i have to find a replacement maybe ASUS this time as i know that dosent suffer from this problem.

Comment

Hi guys, I suffered from the bsod problem(1 or 2 times a day) for a month till I found this thread. You're really helpful.
                  I think the main reason is ASRock underestimated the voltage of 1155 CPU, especically for i5 or i7. If you left all CPU setting as auto and opened the SpeedStep, the voltage would be under 1v which makes the system not stable when the multiplier is running x16. That's why bsod happened even you're just surfing the internet, but not in stress testing.

I simply added offset voltage and bsod no longer happened for a week.
                  See if it helps:
                  CPU: 2600k @4GHz
                  CPU offset voltage: +0.07v
                  PLL overvoltage: ON << just for overclocking
                  Spread spectrum: OFF << just for overclocking
                  Load-line Calibration: Level 4 << just for overclocking
                  Last edited by woolball; 07-24-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

that's odd since i tried vcore offset voltage and still having bsod

this is what i have test this weeks

1. Update to 1.60 Bios, cannot see the difference in gpu voltage because the asrock doesn't list the gpu voltage (only +0mv, 50mv etc)
                    only change ahci in storage setting, and had a bsod (a clock interrupt)
                    2. Change the offset voltage to +0.010 also bsod
                    3. Change the offset voltage to +0.025 also bsod
                    4. change the Load Line Calibration to level 3 and level 1 both bsod

all tested with the onboard graphics, so the only solution for is to set manually the vcore to 1.190,

Originally posted by woolball View Post
                    Hi guys, I suffered from the bsod problem(1 or 2 times a day) for a month till I found this thread. You're really helpful.
                    I think the main reason is ASRock underestimated the voltage of 1155 CPU, especically for i5 or i7. If you left all CPU setting as auto and opened the SpeedStep, the voltage would be under 1v which makes the system not stable when the multiplier is running x16. That's why bsod happened even you're just surfing the internet, but not in stress testing.

I simply added offset voltage and bsod no longer happened for a week.
                    See if it helps:
                    CPU: 2600k @4GHz
                    CPU offset voltage: +0.07v
                    PLL overvoltage: ON << just for overclocking
                    Spread spectrum: OFF << just for overclocking
                    Load-line Calibration: Level 4 << just for overclocking

Comment

• Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I have been reading this forum thread for a couple of weeks now as I too have been experiencing the same issues with the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 and onboard graphics with the Intel i7 2600K. My BSOD's are very hard to predict and only seem to happen when my system is idle in Windows Media Center or just on the desktop. My PC is primarily setup as a Home Theatre PC and I have not had any BSOD's during video playback or throughout hours of stress testing with prime95 or 3Dmark vantage to try and stress but the cpu and igpu. Normally I discover the BSOD when I return home from work or just after I wake in the morning when the PC has been idle (screen saver running). I have disabled all power saving schemes under Windows 7 x64 as I try to resolve this issue. I have tried bumping my vcore with an offset of 0.07 as has been suggested and have updated to the latest 1.60 BIOS. I am nearing my tolerance limit for perseverance and will look to return this board if I can't overcome this issue soon. Any more suggestions?
                      Last edited by Biznitch; 07-27-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I tried these:
                        the offset voltage to +0.05 @4.2Ghz, with different loadings the voltage bounced from 0.9xx to 1.3xx, bsod
                        the offset voltage to +0.07 @4.0Ghz, the voltage bounced from 1.0xxx to 1.31x, no bsod
                        the offset voltage to +0.07 @4.2Ghz, the voltage bounced from 0.9xxx to 1.28x, no further test

dunno why the voltage @4.2Ghz is lower than 4.0Ghz with the same setting. That's why I choose to run @4.0Ghz.
                        Ya, this mobo is a bit strange.

Originally posted by Da_Man View Post
                        that's odd since i tried vcore offset voltage and still having bsod

this is what i have test this weeks

1. Update to 1.60 Bios, cannot see the difference in gpu voltage because the asrock doesn't list the gpu voltage (only +0mv, 50mv etc)
                        only change ahci in storage setting, and had a bsod (a clock interrupt)
                        2. Change the offset voltage to +0.010 also bsod
                        3. Change the offset voltage to +0.025 also bsod
                        4. change the Load Line Calibration to level 3 and level 1 both bsod

all tested with the onboard graphics, so the only solution for is to set manually the vcore to 1.190,

Comment

try to keep the voltage to 1.1~1.2v when the CPU is idle, if you opened speedstep.
                          or just fix it to 1.19v?
                          check it out with CPU-z

Originally posted by Biznitch View Post
                          I have been reading this forum thread for a couple of weeks now as I too have been experiencing the same issues with the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 and onboard graphics with the Intel i7 2600K. My BSOD's are very hard to predict and only seem to happen when my system is idle in Windows Media Center or just on the desktop. My PC is primarily setup as a Home Theatre PC and I have not had any BSOD's during video playback or throughout hours of stress testing with prime95 or 3Dmark vantage to try and stress but the cpu and igpu. Normally I discover the BSOD when I return home from work or just after I wake in the morning when the PC has been idle (screen saver running). I have disabled all power saving schemes under Windows 7 x64 as I try to resolve this issue. I have tried bumping my vcore with an offset of 0.07 as has been suggested and have updated to the latest 1.60 BIOS. I am nearing my tolerance limit for perseverance and will look to return this board if I can't overcome this issue soon. Any more suggestions?

Comment

Dear all,

We received some users feedback similar problem.

As far as we know, this problem is caused by Sandy Bridge' s CPU and memory module collocation.

We recommend you can contact your memory module manufacturer for help or change other memory to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                            ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

As a fair number of us are using 1.5v memory, how safe it is to bump this up (to 1.65v)?

And does it fix the problem in your own official testing?

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                                Dear all,

We received some users feedback similar problem.

As far as we know, this problem is caused by Sandy Bridge' s CPU and memory module collocation.

We recommend you can contact your memory module manufacturer for help or change other memory to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                                ASRock TSD Emily
                                So we all have faulty or incompatible memory, is that what you're saying?

. . .

I have 2 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9.

To all, if you're experiencing this problem please reply with the make and model of memory you have installed below. If you've tried different types of memory in your ASRock Z68 Extreme4 that would be interesting to know too.
                                Last edited by dasi; 07-29-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X