Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Same here. I RMA'd the board and upgraded the BIOS to 1.5 but now instead of blue screen the system freezes and later on I see at the event viewer that this is the same critical error as before.
    I think it's MOBO related problem and I intend to go to the store and replace the board into another brand and the CPU.
    No more ASROCK for me. No comment from their support.

Comment

ok same situation for me:
      bios 1.50 all auto
      intel 2600k
      8gb corsair cl8
      ssd intel 510

during a normal starting of a program (asrock extreme tuning) : no bsod but a freeze with no possibility of reset , only power down... i hope that asrock can resolve this important iusse, if i have know of this.....

Comment

Experiencing same here but one of the others from the site has yet to experience it. Yesterday I updated the BIOS to most recent and increased VCore to 1.19 and have not had any freezing or BSOD, whereas prior I would get it every few hours.. Fingers Crossed...

Intel i7-2600K/8GB Crucial Ballistix PC3-1600/SSDs-Lots

Les@TheSSDReview
        Last edited by Les@TheSSDReview; 07-10-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I've been following this thread for a few weeks hoping to get some answers, but so far nothing. I also have the same random blue screen issues as everyone else here.

I don't have anything constructive to add, I've done everything everyone else here has (i.e. bios updates, voltage tweaks, etc). I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring with those who have problems.

I don't really want to go the dedicated graphics card route, but that seems to be the only available remedy. Would rather just replace the motherboard.

Hopefully someone finds some answers soon.

Comment

Dear ALL:

I solved the problem of BSOD x101 @ 4.0G OC, I think its due to IGPU make the Vcore unstable...
            Especially these are so many power saving system-.- CPU and mobo even OS win7.... "EVEN the OS win7 VGA power saving may effect IGPU?" I dunno...
            Everyone choose Z68 should use its IGPU + OC, so the situation will more complicated than H61 or P67

Now I going to 4.4 4.5 to test.... And I got the BSOD x124 x1E even x9C problem when I tune the setting-.-

only 2. items change in BIOS @ 4.0G:

"C3/C6 disabled"
            BTW, DRAM volt make it what show in BOX, not default.

But IF you want to OC more than 4.0G I set many item, I disable the IGPU and set my 2nd LCD to 560-Ti now....

Comment

WOW! Now I'm sure it's the board since the restart didn't work after the freeze just as Drakoniae reported!
              By the way at newegg people reported this issue as well.
              I'm not going to change any setting at the board since I want everything to work at default setting.

Comment

hmm after a week stable with 1.190 vcore

earlier i get 3 bsod when watching a movie >_>
                one is related to kaspersky so i uninstalled the kaspersky antivirus and continue watching the movie
                and after 20 minutes got another bsod igdkmd64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
                and the third one is the same igdkmd64.sys

all happen when watching a movie

here is all the 3 minidump
                Minidump.zip

dear asrock support please foward this thread to asrock engineer so they can look it up and fix it

thanks

Comment

please ignore my last post, it seem the bsod was related to a software (cFosSpeed) that i recently installed, as people are reporting the same problem on their forum, so i uninstalled that.

anyway as some people report, that their bsod problem on asrock z68 ext 4 was fixed when they added external graphic card, so i install my old 9500 GT vga card, and return the vcore voltage to auto

its been 9-10 hour with no bsod or freeze, so if you have still problem even when after increasing the vcore voltage, do try to install an vga card (or borrow one) test it out, see if it fix the bsod problem

so here is the summary based on MY test:

Fixed the BSOD/Freeze issue:

1. Moved my main drive from SATA3 port (intel) to SATA II port (intel), this fixed my bsod problem but introduce the freezing problem.
                  2. Increase the vcore voltage manually to 1.190, this fixed the freezing problem
                  3. Install an vga card and all uefi setting as default except the ahci (vcore voltage to auto) this seem fixed my freezing problem (only tested for 10 hours, will test it for couple days)

Tried and not fixed the BSOD/Freeze issue:

1. Increasing the IGPU voltage to +50ma
                  2. Changed the dram voltage to what's printed on the ram spec.
                  3. Reinstalling the windows
                  4. Move the ram to another slot
                  5. Replacing the processor
                  6. Updating from 1.20 Uefi to 1.40 and to 1.50

So if you have the bsod or freezing problem, try the solution one by one.
                  this one was solved thanks to the help people that reply here, and zero support by asrock (either email or the official one here)
                  Last edited by Da_Man; 07-12-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

The VCore Voltage in AXTU software appears to be -0.105V by default.

Increasing this to -0.35V to +0V seems to resolve my 0x0101 BSOD's (I'm only testing with Heroes of Newerth, the crashes usually occur after 10 minutes of gaming).
                    This also seems to lock the multiplier though, as there's no "auto setting"?

In the BIOS 1.19V fixed seems to work too (and the CPU wattage and power savings during idle/C-states/IES are still quite acceptable).
                    (I have only experienced one hang with no BSOD since then, impossible to tell if it's related)

Any suggested applications for reproducible BSODs?
                    Last edited by Lukian; 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Well more reports from here.

Nothing helped so far that has been told on this thread. This is really annoying Iam starting to think that I will return my asrock board.

First and last Asrock product if things doesn't get working soon

Ps Somekind of info from asrock would be nice too.

Comment

Asrock Z68 extreme 4

Hi all,
                        configuration arrived last week :
                        Asrock z68 extreme 4
                        corsair ddr3 8Gb (2 * 4)
                        XFX HD 6950 video
                        logitech g110

no problems until 3 days ago : bsod 's like you've never seen bsod's before ...

any idea's ?

tried almost anything ...

Comment

if you had a bsod or freezing issue then try my solution up top,
                          btw if you use OCZ SSD then go to their forum and update the firmware as many people are reporting bsod issue on different motherboard using ocz ssd

anyway after more test with the external vga and auto voltage, no more bsod/freezing issue but i do have occasional program hang, like firefox or the explorer window, it show not responding so i had to close the application and restart them.
                          so i think the best solution to fix the bsod/freezing issue is, if you use SATA III port then move them to SATA II port, and increase the vcore voltage to 1.190 (or more if you oc' it) or if you have an option to return the mobo, then return it and change to another brand. good luck

Comment

I have now returned the board couldnt mess about anymore.

Comment

you got bsod also? when you receive your new board do report to us, does the bsod problem still occuring on the different brand or not, so we can know where's the real fault
                              thx
                              Originally posted by copystuff View Post
                              I have now returned the board couldnt mess about anymore.

Comment

will do not sure which to order either of these

Asus P8Z68-V

Asus P8Z68-V PRO

MSI Z68A-GD65

MSI Z68MA-ED55

Comment

Working...
                                X