Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Dear Ydinsieni,

You can see the diagram on the right side of "CPU Load-Line Calibration option".

CPU Load-Line Calibration default setting is [Level 5], Vcore will decrease more when CPU loading increase more that will help system saving power.
    For system stablity, we suggest you adjust "Level 1" to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Emily,

I have a two week old Z68 Extreme4 (version 1.50 bios, default settings, not overclocked) with the same blue screen problem as everyone else. Following your suggestion I set CPU Load-Line Calibration to Level 1, but I've just had to reboot after getting the same blue screen error yet again. Any ideas?

dasi

Comment

Dear Dasi,

If you load default settings under BIOS, you still get the BSOD?

Or which setting in the BIOS do you adjust?

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

I have this same problem. A week ago, I set vcore to 1.19 and have had no BSOD stop x101 for the last week. Prior to doing that, I had the BSOD once a day. Today, I tried setting CPU Load-Line Calibration to 1 with vcore set back to Auto. The machine got the BSOD stop x101 4 hours later. I have returned the settings to the previous ones.

Comment

Dear brukster,

When you get the BSOD, you are doing CPU stress test or only surfing the internet.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
              If you load default settings under BIOS, you still get the BSOD?

Or which setting in the BIOS do you adjust?
              Emily,

Yes, I still get the blue screen after setting CPU Load-Line Calibration to Level 1. I'm using default BIOS settings except SATA which is set to RAID. I don't overclock or run stress tests or anything like that; the blue screens occur during normal use, e.g. while surfing the web, playing games, watching youtube, etc.

Comment

Emily,

Web surfing and playing Flash games is what I was doing during most of the crashes. I have noticed at times that Flash loops and consumes 100% of the cpu/thread it is running on. Don't know if that matters.

I have run memory and stress tests but it never failed during those.

Comment

Dear all,

Thanks for your information.

Please kindly set "iGPU voltage" fixed at 1.25V to try again to check whether the symptom still occur.

Many thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
                  ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                    Please kindly set "iGPU voltage" fixed at 1.25V to try again to check whether the symptom still occur.
                    Do you want us to set CPU Load Line Calibration back to Level 5 before trying this, or should we leave it at Level 1?

Comment

Dear Dasi,

If you don't overclock, you can set CPU Load-Line Calibration to [Level 5].

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Emily,

There is no option to set IGPU Voltage to fixed 1.25 V in OC Tweaker Voltage Control. The options are:

Auto
                        -100 mV
                        -50 mV
                        +0 mV
                        +50 mV
                        +100 mV

Comment

I have the same problem! I bought all my parts in newegg.com about 2 weeks ago and since the first day I noticed this issue! Thank God I found this thread!

Here are my specs:

Asrock z68 extreme 4
                          intel i7-2600k ==> running at stock speed
                          16gb corsair vengance mem
                          Windows 7 x64 Professional

My hard drive is a 2Tb samsung, I have to check if I have it connected to SATA 2 or 3, tell you guys later on. I have it in AHCI.

I mostly get this issue when running java applications or more importantly when running ubuntu x32 virtual machine using virtualbox! The computer either freezes or a BSOD with the clock interrupt error appears.

I will do the following things:

1- Upgrade to Bios 1.5
                          2- Raise voltage to 1.2
                          3- Pray everything works lol

Lets hope everything gets sorted out! Thanks guys!

Comment

I had the story with BSOD 101 clock interrupt and solved it successfully.

First, I had BIOS ver 1.40 and used build-in intel graphics (2600k CPU). I experienced the BSOD almost every day.

Then I tried to increase the CPU voltage but with no deal - BSODs continued to happen. Then, I've set +50mv iGPU voltage and this really solved my problem. No BSODs and freezed for a week. Then Asrock issued new BIOS 1.50 and I have updated it. All the settings went to default and I made no change to it. 5 or 6 days everything was OK. Then I bought new graphics card and all is OK till now.
                            So, the problem solved with 1.50 BIOS. If you do not want to upgrade BIOS or upgrading does no help you, just set +50mv to igpu voltage setting in BIOS.
                            OR buy new graphics card like I did.

Comment

The new BIOS does not solve the problem of blue screens. Changing the IGPU voltage does not help. Stable operation is possible only at a fixed CPU Core voltage. I installed 1.190.
                              I am very unhappy with this motherboard. I never will buy Asrock.

Comment

Emily,

Yesterday, I had set iGPU to +100mv and set vcore to Auto for testing. I just had another BSOD stop x101 this morning. This is with BIOS 1.50.

I'm setting vcore to 1.19 again for stability.

Comment

Working...
                                X