Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

i know this is just one day, but increasing the core voltage seem do the trick (right now at 1.180 and with auto multiplier)

have you try increase the voltage, z68ex4?

but it still strange as why it need to increase the voltage when im not overclocking the processor.

i also notice the core voltage still fluctuate even after i set manually to 1.180, although is never below 1 anymore (lowest i notice before i set the fixed core voltage, it sometime lower the voltage to 0.9xx)
    ,but probably is because the Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology (EIST) still turned on

Comment

download core temp (latest one)

see what reading(s) it gives for VID.If the reading fluctuates you may need the higher voltage (even tho not overclocking)

Another thing is the max wattage on cpu power(long and short duration).
      See what they are at at default probably something like 110 and 90(short one at 110)
      Try like 120 and 100?

nb just suggestions.
      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Some CPU's need more voltage than others and auto isn't always accurate,I can tell you that 000101 error is not enough CPU voltage,if power saving is lowering it too much then it will cause freezing,maybe newer BIOS's will fix it
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I didn't increase the any voltage setting.

I changed every setting in BIOS menu. except OC Tweaker Screen.

I didn't O.C. so I thought I don't need to change any voltage. Maybe I was wrong.

Tomorrow... I'll try... manually to 1.2v, with c1e and eist disabled.

----------------

core temp VID == 0.9657 to 1.2610

(Please understand my writing.. I don't speak English well.)

Comment

I have the same issue.
            I have:
            I5-2500K CPU
            2*4GB xTreme Armor 1600MHZ
            ASROCK Extreme4 Z68
            Crosair TX750 Watt.

I got this BSOD for 4 times on low load scenarios.
            The memory passed all the tests it went through.
            Today I got a RMA on the board which I hope will solve this issue.
            The technician adviced me not to use the SATA3 ports.

Comment

could it be a 2500k cpu problem, as all the people i have seen with this problem have a 4 core 2500k.. just a guess! me and my bro have this board with 2600k's no problems on 24/7<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Comment

@crezzlin, well it could be the processor or the motherboard or the combination. that's why need asrock or someone that have access to another processor or another motherboard to do the test. and if you see my old post, i pass all the stress test (prime95,intel processor test, memtest), but i still have 1 bsod every day, until which i move my harddisk to sata II connector (port 2, it was port 0 sata III) and by increasing the core voltage to 1.180 (which hopefully really solved the bsod and freezing problem, 2 days with no problem)

@shkup, seem it not just 1-2 people that have the problem >_>, please report us when you got your new board, does it still have bsod or not, if not then i'm gonna rma my board also,

@kick, it seem core temp doesn't recognized the 2nd generation processor yet, cos it doesn't listed a name and the vid is below 1 (0,9xx)

@wazza300, well sadly no reply from the official asrock employee here (emily?), even the email i sent hasn't been answered

Comment

I'd say a BIOS issue or setting rather than a faulty CPU,its rare they go wrong but don't rule it out completely
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There are reported problems with running both 2500k and 2600k on the z68, some overclocking,(beyond 37 ) and some not

Yeh the VID reading on coretemp isnt like the old static one for 775 cpu's for example.
                    This gave a value for max voltage u could need for your cpu at standard settings.say a q8400 cpu. 8x333=2.66Ghz and with a ViD of 1.25v indicated .It should allways run at 2.66 nps with 1.25v.
                    Thats not to say the chip wouldnt run just fine at say1.20v allways(at max standard clock)

The VID would be determined by intel and would vary across chip batch numbers.

The ViD shown on these 2000k chips varies,personally I think because all cpu speed /overclocking is done on chip and even ones that arent overclocked vary cpu speed .
                    Anyway for me at 4.8ghz under load on my 2500k i get a VID reading of 1.4v-1.5012 approx.
                    Im not saying its 100% accurate but it is consistent with the voltages that are being applied to the cpu by the mbrd.
                    ie I dont show a voltage of 1.5012v being applied under testing,max is 1.482 ,but I see the reading as a "you could need 1.5012v to hold 4.8ghz" and from that even testing at standard cpu speed it could show the maximum voltage,or close to it that u need to have available.
                    Lets say at 4.2 ghz the coretemp indicated max VID is 1.35 v, well thats ok chances are that is the max voltage I will need to allow thru for short duration. 1.33 v max would probably cover it.

If I was having any problems with a board on standard settings ,at least if I could get into bios, I would allow /set on fixed 1.36v to the cpu,just to eliminate any uncertainty on cpu .
                    Yes I know 1.52v is supposed to be the max "safe" 2000k cpu voltage, but I have seen people running 24/7 higher than that.
                    Some asrock bios releases allow you to apply in excess of 1.7v to the cpu,seems awfull hi for a thin wafer chip but, the demand was out there.

The possibility that the later production chips arent as good as the earlier ones..yeh it has happened before with intel in terms of slightly lower overclocks.
                    I think its more likely the access to the onchip gx isnt quite sorted?
                    Perhaps even if a regular gx card is used ,just having the ability to use on chip gx is somehow limiting overclocks/or preventing good non overclocked operation.

A small q in my mind would be why run a z68 and a 2000k cpu non overclocked at all .
                    I lasted about 5 min at standard speed then went for it on the auto overclock.. but thats just an aside.
                    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I had a same problem my new computer got freeze on games and in Prime95.
                      I changed Vcore from auto to 1.200 and now everything works. Prime95 was running 10h and games won't freeze anymore.

But I'am still concerned is this board faulty one and I should send it back or is this somekind of bios bug ?

Comment

I've been working with the computer and the replacement board for the last 24H and so far so good.
                        Some more interesting stuff:
                        The cpu is tray version.
                        I didn't O.C the cpu.

The SATA3 ports might be the cause. The technician asked me - "Why do you need to install a SATA3 driver in the OS but nothing for SATA2?" it's a good question.
                        I intend to keep working with the current setup and then will try to switch to the SATA3 port.

I don't rule out the CPU but failures are quite rare with CPUs.

Comment

Same problem here.

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 mobo and an i5-2500K processor. Getting the BSOD approximately every other day. I have updated to the latest BIOS and still getting this issue.

The exact code I am getting is 0x00000101 (0x0000000000000031, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF88003165180, 0x0000000000000002)

I hope we can get this figured out because it is driving me insane!

Comment

Do you have SSD drive?
                            I have Crucial C300 64GB SATA3.
                            I think it's worthwhile to connect all the drives to the SATA2 ports.
                            There is some chance that this is a SATA3 ports issue.

Comment

No, I don't have an SSD drive (yet... looking into one though). I'll check my connections to double check and make sure that I don't have anything connected via SATA III.

Comment

I take my words back. Now my comp has freezed two times: one time on windows and another when playing battlefield BC2.

I have 2500k and SSD.

I really hope this will get solved soon

Comment

Working...
                                X