Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yep:)

Comment

Not that I want to interrupt this interesting discussion,:p just wanted your input on this.
      I decided to run PCMark2002 on my system after installing all the software that I wanted on it. The memory and the CPU scored about the same, but the HD score went way down. Now its around 950, compared to 1400 when I ran it after fresh windows install and minimal software installation.
      Think the score went down because of all the stuff I installed? I unchecked everything in startup in msconfig and nothing loads at startup except necessary stuff. I bet if I wiped the drive and reinstalled windows I'd get the score back up around 1400.

:cheers:

Comment

I just ran another PCMark for you ...and i've got the same score...1364 more or less of the previous one. I have alot if stuff installed from Office Xp to MAYA and other 3d cad type programs plus games and internet documents, music, mpegs etc.. all loads of stuff. So i dunno if has to do with the raid..but it prolly does.
        - Damien

Comment

Yep, most likely the RAID is helping you out there. I'm not complaining though, my system still runs just as fast as day one, just the score that dropped. It's kinda strange.

Comment

Yea dude that is just a score...nothing to worry about at all...your computer is screamin fast and as long as you are happy with ...IT ROCKS!...plus who knows...when or if you decide to add another Special Edition WD drive into the picture with a RAID_0 setup...your baby will really move.

Take Care there Buddy: peace2:
            - Damien

Comment

BTW what RAID controller are you using? Highpoint...Promise? My mobo has Highpoint built in. How's the setting up go for RAID?

:wave:

Comment

I have a Highpoint which is considered by many the best. Setup for a RAID is not hard at all. There should be a command CTRL+H right after the BIOS "Press DEL for setup" prompt. That takes you to a HIGHPOINT Bios type screen...its pretty much self-explanatory from there. You choose the type of raid setup from 0,1 and 0+1. For perfromance its a RAID_0. Then choose a boot disk out of the two HDD you have. Thats about it. After that you will have 160 GB of Space...lol..thats freaking alot...i get lost with 80!...lol:laugh:
                - Damien

Comment

Yeah, I have the ctrl+h prompt come up when the controller is detecting HDD at boot. I was wondering, should I put the 2nd HDD on a seperate cable plugging into the 2nd connector on the mobo or would it work ok to put the HDD on the same cable as the first drive?

Comment

I think it will work but it will lack in its intended performance. One HDD on each IDE channel is best. :thumb:
                    - Damien

Comment

• That's what I thought.: party ha

Comment

• Flaco, what kind of voltages are you running when overclocking. Just want to get an idea of what to expect when I go for it.

Comment

• Up to 148 i was running default voltages than when i bumped it up to 150 i went to 1.775 but it was a bit unstable when running a 3dmark so i had to bump it to 1.80 just to get that thing to run. I still get lock ups on PCMark tho when i'm on 150 FSB...it never fails it always happens at the "audio conversion" part of the benchmark. But you prolly don't need to increase or maybe you do...it all depends on the actual proc.
                          - Damien

Comment

• Yeah, mine I left at default multiplier and I cranked the FSB to 138 and 3DMark crashed back to desktop. So I know it's asking for more power. You running default multiplier, or did you unlock your proc? Any voltage changes to the RAM?

Comment

• No voltage changes at all...i never unlocked the multipliers..just increased my FSB and that was it. Look at your temps before you run 3D mark what are they?
                              - Damien

Comment

• Here's mine for the heck of it...

PCMark2002

CPU - 5218
                                Memory - 3591
                                HDD - 1084

Comment

Working...
                                X