• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my score

Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz @ 2.2GHz
    FIC FC19 (845E)
    768mb Crucial PC2700 CAS2
    nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 reference (300/600)
    80gb Seagate 7,200 ATA100
    Det 30.30
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• wow nice mem score:D
      damn 533 fsb

Comment

• Try 400MHz FSB or it'd be a 2.36GHz CPU. ;)

Comment

• Nice ass score the Mr.T. You know you have to run a PCMark also when you get the new mobo as well.: peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

• See, my point about useless numbers is proven again. Sure all the P4's with Rambus are going to have great ram #'s, but what do those numbers mean??? NOTHING! As long as there is no performance benefit (1% to 3% doesn't count) then all the Big numbers in the world aren't gonna help you to do anything, cept spend your money.

3D mark is a pretty good scale, however, and I say 'pretty good' because nothing tests your computer like what it is actually used for. Thats the only number that matters. So if you play alot of Doom3, its how many FPS you get in whatever res, throughout whatever benchmark demo. If you browse the web alot, then what matters is how fast you connect, and how efficient the user is. Etc.

Comment

• exactly..even though the ridicoulasly high memory bandwidth of p4's often give very benchmark scores....it seems in real life situations the p4 doesn;t need or can;t utilize all that extra bandwidth:cheers:

Comment

• Except for some statistical programs for data analysis that I run, the P4/Rambus combo is overkill for most of what I do. In those applications, the memory bandwidth is useful to me. You're right, go with what you do not an artificial benchmark. We're all addicted to numbers and that's a good thing.

Comment

• Overkill is prolly better than underkill...does that word exist "underkill".

For Example our fans...we can't have enough...

BTW Peter how is your setup...like how many fans do you have, sizes, exhausts and intakes, where are they located etc...just curious. Thx
                  - Damien

Comment

• I'd rather have overkill than "underkill". Like in 'Tremors' with Bert and all his guns he has in his basement

That's one of my favorite movies.:thumb:

Comment

• Intake - 80mm x 80 mm 50 + cfm bottom side of case

Card fan - 42 + cfm directly under video card

Bay fan - 42 + cfm under hd

Exhaust - 60mm x 60 mm 22 + cfm on top

Ducted 80mm x 80mm cpu fan exhausts out back

Single 80mm x 80 mm psu fan exhausts out back

I also like Tremors. Kevin Bacon & Reba in the same flick!

Comment

• lol talking of overkill....i definantely had overkill noise b4...a few months ago i had 2 120mm sunon fans...a 50cfm 80mm sunon and a delta....i can tell u...those are the loudest fans u can get...and u could hear my computer in anotehr room

lol thankfully these days my computer is much quiter...
                        2 80mm enermax fans...on on cpu one back outake
                        and the 120mm have been replaced with a enermax 120mm and a PAPST 120mm...and amazungly enuf i havn;t lost any performance..now with my SLK800 and enermax 80mm....it performs as well as my old mcx462 and delta:D

Comment

• oh yea btw it seems AMD are going to up the fsb to 166mhz on the t-breds soon....this will give them a much needed bandidth imrpovement:cheers:

Comment

• Originally posted by chisholm
                            oh yea btw it seems AMD are going to up the fsb to 166mhz on the t-breds soon....this will give them a much needed bandidth imrpovement:cheers:
                            That would be so sweet man...its about time don't you think?
                            - Damien

Comment

• Past time.

The architecture of the CPU's internal bus is designed for speeds up to 400MHz. :D
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• Now that would be really sweet. P4 would be done for. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X