No announcement yet.

PC Mark 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deathstar jeezes........everyone seems to hate this drive..... lol no but seriously I don't seem to have any problems with it. The only reason why I bought it in the first place was because I read reviews that it performs overall faster.......then after I had it for a few months I heard different stories that the fast speeds comes with a price and that price is the problems that the drives have.

Comment

lol all i knew about the deathstar was that some were failing after a few months...i think apparently as long as u don;t use it for more than about 12hrs a day it won;t have any problems...
      :cheers:

Comment

I guess you can say I'm one of the lucky ones cause my comp is practically on 24/7 and I have no life so I'm using it almost that much.......and my current computer has been mine for almost one year one month shy of a full year actually

Comment

lol yes well then u r VERY lucky...and if u don;t reply to this i'll know wat happened:devil:

Comment

lol no my computer is good........

Comment

hehe ok:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

Deathstars are ok so long as there is abundant amounts of cool fresh air followin' around then but when there isn't they don't last long. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I don't know if it will suffice but I do have dual (15MM?) fans flowing onto the HD........in the front its an HD cooler

Comment

Then that is why you've had no probs with it then. ;)

Comment

I was originally looking at getting an IBM GXP drive, but reading about all the problems that people were having I was scared away :laugh:

Instead I got a WD 80GB ATA100 Special Edition and ran PCMark2002 and the HD score was 1400!! I'm pleased with that since that's close to what some people have gotten with RAID and I'm not using RAID. My CPU scored a little over 5000 and my mem scored a little under 3900, I forget the exact numbers.

Comment

Again,lol..great numbers man...for your sysytem and yea that HDD score rocks...i love those 8mb drives...anywho..take care and can't wait to your rig o/ced...
                        - Damien

Comment

So a WD 80GB ATA100 gets a score of 1400, and what does your raid setup get Flaco?

Comment

Its in the beginning of the thread i believe it was a 1377...that goes to show raid is not all that anymore...especially after these beautiful WD 8mb drives came out. I was prolly better off with that drive alone than the RAID_0 setup..not just for the bit of performance but mainly for safety one drive gives next to a Raid array (with the ability to give raid performance of course).: peace2: i dunno pcmkr made the choice of that drive for that purpose but it was a wise one.
                            - Damien

Comment

Well, then the Benchmark, clearly still has some flaws.... Maybe the 8 MB buffer throws off the score...

These benchmarks that make up their own composite scores are silly- I mean, what does 1400 mean?. If you truely want to compare things like hard drives, then it should be simple as a program that accuratly tests and presents you with Average Read Speed, Average Write Speed, and Average Seek Time. I don't think anyone here would believe any single 7200 rpm drive can out-perform a 7200rpm pair in RAID 0.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me either as the why it beat the raid score, but that 8MB buffer prolly is the reason.

I mainly chose that drive because I knew it would be fast, but also reliable. I didn't hear any problems with this drive unlike the IBMs were having and problems with a HD was the last thing I was looking for.

I agree with you zeradul that they should make the program so it shows all the read, write, and access speeds as well.

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                                X