No announcement yet.

PC Mark 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm i do not think droping an extra 150-200 dollars is fun. I garuntee you it plugs in the same, fdisks the same, formats the same as an ide drive. You would be better of spend the extra money on something else if you are looking for something to do!!!! Like a playstation or a something that will give you more source of entertainment....the hard will be like: oh I plugged it in, ohh I formated it, oh I installed the os, oh my score is incrimentally better. and that will be it. hehe. :laugh:

Comment

• Upgrading is always fun :thumb:. Expensive but fun. I mean if I had all the money in the world I would upgrade every month, but I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by saidin
        hmm i do not think droping an extra 150-200 dollars is fun. I garuntee you it plugs in the same, fdisks the same, formats the same as an ide drive. You would be better of spend the extra money on something else if you are looking for something to do!!!! Like a playstation or a something that will give you more source of entertainment....the hard will be like: oh I plugged it in, ohh I formated it, oh I installed the os, oh my score is incrimentally better. and that will be it. hehe. :laugh:
        I have the good fortune of not having to pay for the vast majority of my hardware upgrades....so I probably derive a little more pleasure out of it than most......& I won't be buying a playstation anytime soon - unless they come up with one you can run CAD/CAM on.

Comment

• You lucky little #$%. Why do you get some of your parts for free?

Comment

• Again.
            As i said recently in another thread. If you have stuff you want to get rid of, even if its brand new and unopened i understand, write me an email, and ill send you the shipping address...

Comment

• Me? I don't have anything....

Comment

• He's the one getting free stuff, the comment was aimed at RDR...

Comment

• So you don't think I have anything to offer? :p

Comment

• Originally posted by pga1234
                    You lucky little #$%. Why do you get some of your parts for free?
                    most of my hardware has been paid for by my employer - however, I recently received a promotion & won't be called upon to do CAD/CAM work at home anymore...so the gravy trail is probably just about at an end. :rolleyes:

Comment

• Ok I just ran this one stock hardware settings and no tweaks yet plus services still runnin'. :)

Comment

• Wiggo. Looks good. I like the new system!!!! Have fun with it! :thumb:

Comment

• No Raid and cheap Vid board :/

Comment

• Okay, here are the new machine results:

Good numbers, Glad to break 1100 with the HDD.

P4 2.4 533
                            1G PC2700 333
                            Albatron PX845PE Pro II
                            (2) WD se 80G 8M buffer
                            Leadtek Ti4600
                            (2) ViewSonic E90fb (both @ 1600x1200)
                            WinXP Pro
                            & No Overclocking, yet

Comment

• Just wondering...what resolution are all of you running PCMARK 2002 at? And do you have it on 32-bit or 16-bit graphics...not to mention FSAA on/off, etc. etc. Some of you may have lower scores if you run it at a higher resolution. I think everyone really games at 1024x768 or higher so that should be the set mark. Anyhow let everyone know what your testing at so that we all know how the systems stack up at the same settings.

Comment

• Cool, I'll have to try it again at the res. I'm running dual monitors @ 1600x1200 on both. The second monitor just kinda flickered while it ran, gonna try it with it disabled. I'll have to check on the AA, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X