SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianBatman
      OOps my benching wasn't on default =( i got all excited, bleh :cry:
      It should be able to do that 14k easy.

Put your image quality setting to High Performance and run it on default settings.

If you play with it enough it should do 14k.

EDIT: Maybe not, just noticed your RAM is a big bottleneck there.

Comment

• Yep i know, don't have to rub it in soul...........:shoot3:
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianBatman
          Yep i know, don't have to rub it in soul...........:shoot3:
          Just saying you have potential there :cheers:.

Comment

• my higers score ever (same as now) is about 1900 3Dmark, no i didn't forget a 0!
            look at my specs! Im gonna get a Ti-4200 (or TI-4800)and overclock the hell out of it, maybe no DX9 compatible but if i can play unreal 2 with a TNT2 i can play HL2 without DX9!
            Furthermore the TI-4200 will cost less and perform more than a FX5600 or a 9600 pro for less (after overclock!)

Comment

• With my P4 I only get 9000 something. My athlon though gets 6000 Should I swap the cards over hmmmmmm :?: :?:

Comment

• Originally posted by syx
                my higers score ever (same as now) is about 1900 3Dmark, no i didn't forget a 0!
                look at my specs! Im gonna get a Ti-4200 (or TI-4800)and overclock the hell out of it, maybe no DX9 compatible but if i can play unreal 2 with a TNT2 i can play HL2 without DX9!
                Furthermore the TI-4200 will cost less and perform more than a FX5600 or a 9600 pro for less (after overclock!)
                Sapphire 9600 Pro goes for $150 here, same price as a Ti. It also supports DX9. It also overclocks like the wind and can be just as fast. Why would you get the Ti? You wouldn't...

I am normally an Nvidia guy, but I often find myself recommending the 9600 Pro for the midrange because it is simply the best buy right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil2094
                  With my P4 I only get 9000 something. My athlon though gets 6000 Should I swap the cards over hmmmmmm :?: :?:
                  Give that 9500 to the Athlon and im sure it will beat the P4...

Comment

• just broke 19k, but i think it stops here as the VC doesn't want to cooperate.... damn sapphire... :shoot2:

link on sig :)

Comment

• Nice job...your score should be a thousand points higher though.

I'm right on your heels... :cheers:

Comment

• Well, first I'd like to say GET THE 9600 Pro syx! The Ti4200 is no where as good as it, being that the 9600 pro is DX 9 compatible, has all the lastest programs (shader 2.0, etc) and has a stock GPU clock of 400mhz, the Ti4200 is only 250, and can hit 300 with a good o/c. Still, that's 100mhz behind. If I dont have enough cash for a 9800, I might get a 9600 my self when I build my new comp.

Anywho, my main point is, my score is at the bottom. That's in 1024x768 w/ 32 bit color, 16 bit textures, pure harware t & l, and no antialiasing. I mean, I know my system isnt that great (stock 1.9Ghz on a 400FSB Intel board, everything stock). My system runs UT2003 really well (100fps online gaming, everything on with all high detail levels). Is this just how much my system will go? I closed all programs and shut off my screensaver, and put on a blank desktop. Anywho, I will try again once a put some thermal adhesive on my vid card so I can o/c the hell out of it. Please post any opinions on this, thx, : peace2: Mista K6

[EDIT] Would've been nice if ya had trimmed ya pic up. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Mista K6
                          Well, first I'd like to say GET THE 9600 Pro syx! The Ti4200 is no where as good as it, being that the 9600 pro is DX 9 compatible, has all the lastest programs (shader 2.0, etc) and has a stock GPU clock of 400mhz, the Ti4200 is only 250, and can hit 300 with a good o/c. Still, that's 100mhz behind. If I dont have enough cash for a 9800, I might get a 9600 my self when I build my new comp.

Anywho, my main point is, my score is at the bottom. That's in 1024x768 w/ 32 bit color, 16 bit textures, pure harware t & l, and no antialiasing. I mean, I know my system isnt that great (stock 1.9Ghz on a 400FSB Intel board, everything stock). My system runs UT2003 really well (100fps online gaming, everything on with all high detail levels). Is this just how much my system will go? I closed all programs and shut off my screensaver, and put on a blank desktop. Anywho, I will try again once a put some thermal adhesive on my vid card so I can o/c the hell out of it. Please post any opinions on this, thx, : peace2: Mista K6

My old system with a p4 1.5ghz with via266a with ti4200 stock got around 9000. (512ddr266) So i don't know how your score is in the 8000...
                          [EDIT] Would've been nice if ya had trimmed ya pic up. W
                          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                          PSU: Thermaltake 500w

Comment

• Your point about it being "behind" in clock speeds is pointless, as clock speeds are not indicative of a products performance. The reason it is clocked so high is because it only has 4 pipelines, half that of the GeForce 4 Ti's. The reason it is able to be clocked so high is because of its .13 micron process.

What I am saying is, in benchmark programs like 3DMark, the Ti will be able to perform the same with a much lower clock speed. Basically, since the 9600 only has half the pixel pipelines, it has to work a lot harder to achieve the same results (higher clock speeds).

It is a great overclocker and will raise performance quite a bit, but I don't think it can quite keep up with the Tis in top end power (DX8 of course).

In the end though it wins, because it supports DirectX 9 and can be had for around $150. It is probably the best midrange DX9 card you can buy right now.

Comment

• Thanks to JSR for spoting this one, pretty impressive.

That's right folks. Thanks to our man, Abbas, I'm able to check out the cheapest and slowest of the new A64 chips. I can tell you that it's an Intel killer. Look at this screenshot, look at the speed. It's a first page score and we're just warming up.

QuadDamage @ T-break

Athlon64 3200+ benchmark

Comment

• Lookin' good!

Now who will get one??

Comment

Working...
                                X