This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever bought from www.accubyte.com or www.z-buy.com

I am thinking of buying parts for my new PC from there.

Comment

Accubyte:
      Find the best stores, Read Real Customer Ratings and Write Reviews

Z-Buy:
      Find the best stores, Read Real Customer Ratings and Write Reviews

Accubyte sucks and while Z-Buy has an average rating, the most recent comments are all saying that it's a scam site. I would recommend staying away from both of them. If you're looking for a decent price and shipping costs that don't bend you over backwards, then go shop at Multiwave or Newegg. Both offer similar prices and very good service.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I have built several machines, and only after too much price searching on pricewatch...

I have had really good luck with Newegg, they are always cheap, and ship the stuff really fast. Also, I had a very good experience with Monarch Computer. Crucial is also the only place I buy my memory, and they have been quite helpful as well.

Find compatible DRAM memory and SSD upgrades for your PC or Laptop with our Crucial Advisor tool or Crucial System Scanner, with FREE US delivery!

Just my .02

:smokin:

~Bugman

Comment

Another reall good one is :

www.tcwo.com :afro:

Comment

newegg.com
            shentech.com
            coolerguys.com
            :thumb:
            - Damien

Comment

Hey Flaco is "the humming bird" the name of your computer?

Comment

Hey I got a probably dumb question if I just stuck all my components inside a pc would the computer work automatically?
                When working with Intel 233mhz and so forth all I did was instert and was up running but for one pc with an Intel 90mhz i had to redo jumpers and stuff. How would this work for a 2200+ XP AMD on a Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum?

Comment

Well, there were in fact ALOT more jumpers and switches back in the day of that old hardware........now most stuff is automatic and stored in the bios........basically the only jumpers on the board are probably clear password clear cmos and set the bus 100/133. Most of everything is automatic. I guess go in your bios to configure some stuff and your all set.

Comment

sounds good , the slow intels gave me a crap load of problems especially with jumpers......... all the time i was opening an Intel case (thats how i learned pc's) and I got an AMD and its soo sweet ive only opened the pc for adding new hardware :afro:

Comment

Current Intel's are just the same..... (as far as NOT having jumpers)

And old AMD's have just as many jumpers.... (as the OLD Intel's)

edited to fix the confusion as seen in RD's next post

Comment

Current Intel systems have jumpers all over the board? I wouldn't know this since I'm an "AMD Enthusiast"

Comment

..........ehh i was refferring to the old Intel mobos since I have never built a AMD system or anything greater than a pentuim 2 cause im a loser :afro:

Comment

Well back in the day........I use to build Intel Systems and AMD systems. More AMD then intel probably the only Intel system that I could say I was really familiar with was my old Pentium 150 or maybe my old 386. lol anyway when I was building my old AM486 it had jumpers even my K6 and my K6/2 had jumpers. I think its really related to AT/ATX. But then again I remeber my Athlon Classic I think it had jumpers as well even though on ATX. My my current system does NOT have alot of jumpers at all. Mayve 2-3 if they have more its because I couldn't find them.

Comment

:cool: I've had good luck with:

Coolerguys premium-quality electronic, cabinet cooling fans and computer cooler solutions. Browse our cooling fans and quiet A/V cooling solutions online.

We take all the guesswork out of how to upgrade your PC and Mac computers with more RAM memory. Speed up your computer performance with a memory upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by cHeEsY327

I wasn't fooled by their name when i decided to make a few purchases from them after hearing good things about them from many of my friend...

www.googlegear.com was quick with processing my order, and i received my 0+ worth of computer hardware within 1 week (basic UPS ground shipping).
                                Not too bad considering the item was shipped all the way from CA to NJ (coast to coast) with UPS.

As for their prices, you cant just blindly buy things from them like you can from www.newegg.com
                                You've gotta look out for some of their prices though; Once in a while, you'll find amazing deals on processors and hard drives on their site, but other times, many of the items they list will be overpriced...

Conclusion: I'd definitely buy from them again if i found a good deal on the hardware they have to offer

Note- I have not yet dealt with their tech support as there has been no need

Well I have bought my Abit Siluro GF4 Ti 4200 from them and will never buy there again!! (Googlegear) The reason I am not is because when I bought my card, I sent them a MONEY ORDER with a overnight letter hoping it would speed up the processing, but I didn't read well enough their rules and one of them states that they can hold money orders up to 10 DAYS because they must clear the bank FIRST! Just like a regular check! I was so mad when I got my card TWO WEEKS LATER that I have decided never to buy there again and to tell others this story so if they want to send a money order...... they may LOOK ELSEWHERE......newegg.com is where I am going to next!
                                Here are my specs:
                                System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Working...
                                X