Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would most online companies would have something along those lines. I mean they should have the bank clear the MO before sending the card. I guess that's just what you have to put up with when you don't pay with a credit card....

BTW you DID get your video card right? I mean other than having to wait for the bank to clear the MO you didn't have any problems?

-pga1234

Comment

I do a lot of purchases for computer parts. I work on probably 7 computers a week that need new parts, or there owners want to upgrade. I have had problems with h**p://www.googlegear.com with slow shipping but I have had it come flying in the second day air just like it should. I have not had any company that every time it shipped just like it should. I have bought from so many companies I cant name them all but take a look at
      h**p://www.pricewatch.com . I have ordered from just about everybody listed in pricewatch and never had a problem. I always shop around for the best price. But keep an eye on the local stores. Around me there are Office stores like Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, that have sales with rebates you can't match.
      Linksys NIC for 4.99 US after rebate and they sell on line.
      Hope this helps

John Spor....................Not

Comment

I was purchaseing parts for a friend on pricewatch, He decided on a company name AIB. I have had nothing but problems so far with that company. I selcted the 3 day shipping, they charged me for it, but they schedualed UPS to deliever it in 5 days. I have tried BOTH emials for the company, one of them had terminal failures, the other was over it's limit. I then tried calling the companies phone #s, i tried the main # and never got an answer, thier automated system kept looping it's messages. I then tried calling thier odering #, and the rep there yelled at me saying it wasn't his problem, go to hell, and stuff like that, he refused to give me another #.

I am waiting for the rateing email from the company, The schedualed date for delivery has yet to arrive. So i don't know about the product yet.

Sorry about the rant, just needed to get it off my chest.

Ill update this when i recieve the product.

Comment

twco.com (excellent- my mobo even came with lifesavers)
          googlegear.com (good, no problems, cheapest prices on Corsair XMS ram)
          newegg.com (good, but watch shipping prices)

and one that I havent seen mentioned it gogocity.com, which usually has good deals on HD's. I have bought from them twice now, no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by pga1234
            I would most online companies would have something along those lines. I mean they should have the bank clear the MO before sending the card. I guess that's just what you have to put up with when you don't pay with a credit card....

BTW you DID get your video card right? I mean other than having to wait for the bank to clear the MO you didn't have any problems?

-pga1234

Let me tell you something...a money order IS guaranteed! I had to give my money to the person that made out my money order to recieve it! That being said, I have NEVER had ANY company that I bought from to delay shipping of my order just because they wanted the money order to clear the bank FIRST! Not only THAT but it should not have taken as long as it did to even clear! And yes I did recive my product two weeks later! And I don't believe that I should be penalized for not using a credit card! And NO I will NOT put up with this! Enough said!
            Here are my specs:
            System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

1) www.newegg.com
              the have great prices, and good shipping prices. I did some shipping comparisons, and they actually where the best deal!!!!
              Shipped FedEx, so nice! They go my order here in 4 days, I place on a monday morning and got it on thrusday afternoon. (from california to florida, not bad at all) Watch out for the express shipping option, save your $3...does not speed up the processing time!

2) www.computerhq.com
              STAY AWAY. If you are reading this, do not use this company. You cannot get sales, tech support, RMA, or even the operator on the phone. They are slow, and like to ship airborne (blah) suxpress. There prices are not at all competitive and they have been less than helpful with my purchase. I will never order from them again.

Comment

Webe3, If you were to be selling say your computer. Someone said that they will take it for $500 you say sure. 1 Week later you get a money order for the sum of $500. Now would you send out your computer -before- you cash the money order? Personally I would wait till I got my money. Several things can happen with money orders. But anyway I am not defending this company I am just trying to find out whether or not you got the card that you ordered without any other problems.

Now back on tack-

I will post my experience with all the companies I purchased form for my new computer.

Comment

Ok first review:

Rating: 10/10

I ordered a Lite-On 40/12/48 cd-rw drive. Very cheap price on this drive compared to other online stores. I ordered it early Sunday morning recieved my order confirmation e-mails instantly. Monday I recieved my Shipping confirmation e-mails. Included in the e-mail was my UPS tracking number. I didn't really get a chance to use the tracking number since ups only updates it every 6-10 hours or so. I recieved my package today (tuesday). It was well packaged and came with everything. The cd-rw was in it's retail packaging and even had the CD-R and CD-RW cd's in it.

I don't think everyone should expect getting there item so early (it was shipped via UPS ground). I live in MA and there headquarters is located in NY (right next door).

Overall great service, no problems, prompt shipping. Everything. Would definatly order from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
                    I've bought quite a few things from Access Micro and have never run into any problems.

good prices on compact flash, secure digital, smartmedia, memory sticks, & mmc cards..
                    me too I bought several items. plus they have mobo, cpu, memory bundles at a great price.

my choices for this are:

Coolerguys premium-quality electronic, cabinet cooling fans and computer cooler solutions. Browse our cooling fans and quiet A/V cooling solutions online.
                    HP Pavilion t720m
                    Audigy ZS
                    Geforce 5600 Ultra
                    2x 80 GIG external drives
                    Cable Modem

Comment

I just got my new system from www.googlegear.com and www.shentech.com

Googlegear has sweet shipping costs, very fast, and quality packing. Shentech I used for cheaper prices, but I forgot to factor in shipping and ended up about $20 out. Only 1% of total order tho, including shipping.

I have yet to see anything at Newegg that interests me, aren't they the new Egghead? I hated Egghead anyway, if they're egghead I'm avoiding them. Their prices seem high, and shipping seems aweful. JM2C

Anyway, that's me.

Comment

wish i had read this thread before i made my last online purchase. On the 29th of November i ordered a Geforce 4 4200ti and a 19 inch monitor from a company i found through pricewatch called BuyXtremeGear.Com. I chose the company because I needed one that could send products to APO/FPO boxes via the US postal service. According to the info that Pricewatch has from them the video card:
                        Ship: $3.00 - 5.75 FEDEX 3DAY INSURED
                        Will Ship: Same - 1day

After ordering through Next Day Air i received an email stating:
                        Congratulations on your buyxtremegear.Com Purchase. We are dedicated to
                        providing high quality equipment and excellent service.

Your order will be processed and shipped in about 1-3 Business Day.

Please let us know how we may serve you better.

The 29th was on a Friday, so I waited till the 4th (Wednesday) to see the status of my order. When i entered my 5 digit product tracking order number in BuyXtremeGear's automatic, "daily updated" order tracker i recieved this message:
                        Oops! Your order number was not found. Please make certain that the number you entered is correct. Also note that it may take us up to 48 hours from your order date to post your order status online. If you continue to experience problem, feel free to email us at [email protected].

I assumed a 6 day wait which included 4 "business days" was more than enough time for this company to at least process my order. So i wrote a polite letter inquiring about my order that same day (Wednesday). It's now Friday the 6th and still no word on my order nor does the tracking number work yet. I used a debit card for my purchase and today at my bank I found that my account has not yet been charged.

After reading up on some posts here in this thread yesterday i found a link to the website www.resellerratings.com and found buyxtremegear.com ranking 4.75 out of 10 in overall satisfaction with 129 reviews (most of which were horror stories of horrible sales service).

Guess im just kinda griping but also warning so um yeah there ya go.
                        Patiently waiting...
                        Drift

Comment

i have purchased from:

www.newegg.com - awesome, great shipping and packaging

www.z-buy.com - no complaints, fast shipping, good memory

www.tcwo.com - awesome place, really reliable service and good prices...but, i pick my stuff up from them because i live in tampa so i don't know how well they ship. but, i wouldn't let that hold you back.

www.monarchcomputer.com - very poor shipping. bought a mobo, cpu, fan combo from them, good price and they put it together and test it for you, however, they stuck the whole unit with the fan mounted back in the mobo box which wouldn't close properly and sent it through the mail. which luckily didn't cause any damage but needless to say they could've shipped it a little more securely

www.bestbyte.net - horrible packaging, adequate shipping time, not everything was in stock like they said it was, etc.

my choices...

Comment

Until recently I have always bought all of my hardware in person (it was an advantage to living near seattle and microsoft) but since i no longer have those options my recent (and only) on-line perchases have been though coolerguys and googlegear. I knew of coolerguys since they were a 5 min drive away. Their on-line front is just as good as in person. I will always buy from them when possible. So far googlegear has done well, with shipping prices and timely delivery. But I had to return my mobo to them because it was faulty. Everything is fine with that so far, I recieved my RMA# within a few hours of the request. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly. Assuming this goes well I will continue to shop from googlegear as well.

Coolerguys premium-quality electronic, cabinet cooling fans and computer cooler solutions. Browse our cooling fans and quiet A/V cooling solutions online.

Comment

Originally posted by JealousMidget
                              Yeah, Last time I ordered from Newegg.com they wer rated something insane like 97%! I would order from them again.

I too have used Mwave.com and would use them again, as well as Directron.

I have also used theoverclockerzstore.com, but I have heard that some people have had some real problems with them. I wasn't one of them.

:thumb: Newegg is the best, in my exprence. There replacement policy couldn't be better.........Next day no questions asked!!!!!!!!

They are my only source these days!!

As for OCZ...... I'm one of the ones that was burned, NEVER AGAIN.

FYI

Comment

Accubyte is not a retailer that i would recomend. They are like 10 mins away from me, but they dont have a stroe front like any normal place would. I have to call them 1 day before even if i am picking the thing up!! Plus they charge some sort of pickup fee! WTF???
                                Not a place I will do bussiness with unless its my only option.

Comment

Working...
                                X