No announcement yet.

AMD in Trouble!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there comes a point were no matter what the clock speed is or how mutch ram or what your fsb is that you will not notice a difference. if you are just looking for frame rate or 3d mark numbers then you are falling into the game of advertizing works. i mean really do you think that the body by jake pro workout gym will really firm up your buttissimo.

Comment

Yeah I agree. I think that the majority of people with stick with what they've got. I can't really see games utilising all of resources they will have availble when these new chips come out. BTW I would love to see what the games are going to be like prolly super detail.

I think its all moving a bit to fast. Ok great we're progressing technology wise but the brand new chips that come out this month for example will probably be completely out dated by next year. The thing is how many users will bother buying a new pc just because its last years processor?

AMD or P4 I love them both. Altough I only got to see my AMD system in action for about 5 minutes. :laugh: .............. :cry:

Comment

go forth and build what you want, spend what you can, use what you think is best because in the long run the only one that you have to satisfy is you.

Comment

What are the details on the Hypertransport technology that AMD has developed, will it be able to match the Dual DDR400 and FSB800 achieved by Intel?

None of the current chipsets for AMD matches the Memory Bandwidth of the Intels, nForce2 has dual DDR but how effective it really is? Does it actually give twice the bandwidth of a PC2100 ram on a KT400 chipset.
          if anyone has any benchmark results for nForce2, Sandra 2003 would really be nice to check out.
          THNX

Go Claw:hammer:

Comment

this discussion, truth is non of them will go anywhere, look how many people "swearing to buy AMD" and thats just on this forum now think of that world wide...amd will stick around just as intel will.

Comment

amd will stick around for a long time, but this athlon64 thing has disappointed me...
              i was hoping that at least a couple chipsets and some exact specifications would have been announced by now.
              man i hope they come up with a crushing chipset, which wipes out the canterwood, so i can keep my amd streak going...
              (i had a thunderbird with kt133a and now i have an xp thoroughbred with kt400...)

:bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

Originally posted by aznx
                800mhz fsb doesnt help, they just needa higher clock, say 4 ghz
                Higher megahertz isnt always best, as stated as this artticle from the TT homepage http://www.datakill.com/forums/showt...hp?threadid=68

As it says, Intel has been working more on upping speeds, and little on other performance, while AMD has balance the 2 out, but Apple works more on performance than speed, which is why they stay below 1ghz quite a bit,

EDIT: someone above mentioned Intels prices are lower, maybe so, but AMD is still a helluva lot cheaper, look at Pricewatch

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  EDIT: someone above mentioned Intels prices are lower, maybe so, but AMD is still a helluva lot cheaper, look at Pricewatch
                  Sure, but a 30-32% pricedrop on the 2.53 ghz cpu's and above is getting closer due to their 800 fsb release.. :devil win

:cheers:

Comment

AMD has reduced the price on its Athlon XP 2100+ - XP 3000+ processors, price cuts range from 6 - 31%. Athlon XP2000+ and XP 3200+ prices remain unchanged.

Comment

Working...
                    X