Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwood the way to go

Hi all

While i have been the big AMD fan in the past, over the last few months expanding into the Pentium 4 realms has been to my surprise rather interesting

The most interesting is the Northwood core Pentium 4

If any overclockers are thinking of going for Pentium 4 wait until the 0.13 micron P4 hits the shores

Already i have my 2.2G @ 2.65G without any voltage increase. Not a bad effort.

I'm looking forward to your review this week! :)

Comment

Hey Soverign check this out http://www.tweaktown.com/vbulletin/s...p;threadid=783 and see if ya notice any sign of it. :smokin:
      <center> </center>

Comment

Comment

For overclocking, the 1.6A P4 seems to be pretty nice. It's not uncommon for people to hit 2.2-2.4GHz with the proper hardware. I dunno about you guys, but that's some fine OCing there. 600-800MHz is one heckuva good overclock, especially considering these are all stock speeds.

My personal opinion is that there are some things AMD is better for and other that Intel is better for. There are also situations where neither one is the correct response. My personal opinion is that Laptops and Dual-processing are still Intel's territory. The Athlon's still get too hot for my tastes, and this is their first SMP sweep ever. My gaming rig has a nice 1.4GHz T-Bird running @ 1.53GHz currently, while I'm running dual 800EB's on a VP6.

Comment

Working...
          X