No announcement yet.

Amd Hammer Socket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aarrhhhh....I can't wait for Hammer...I need to "replace" my current system...now! I'm dying to get a KT400 mainboard...which is just around the corner, so how am I supposed to wait for Hammer (a few more months) ?
    :cry:
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

hey, does anyone know exactly which types / speeds of ram, that hammer will use ? cuz i'm upgrading in a matter of weeks, and i know that ddr400 isn't faster that ddr333, but if hammer will only use ddr400 and faster, then i'd be worth it for me to get ddr400 now...so that i wouldn't have to start from scratch again when i get a hammer...

actually, forget that, ddr-2 will be out by the time i get a hammer...hey, what's next ? screwdriver ? noo..POWERSAW ! lol
      :laugh:
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Originally posted by E^vol
        aarrhhhh....I can't wait for Hammer...I need to "replace" my current system...now! I'm dying to get a KT400 mainboard...with is just around the corner, so how am I supposed to wait for Hammer (a few more months) ?
        :cry:
        You have waited this long...why not?..you should give it a wait...i mean if its worth it to you...i think it would be: peace2:
        - Damien

Comment

What's DDR-2? :rolleyes2

Comment

DDR-II will start @ 400Mhz then go to 533Mhz and end with 667Mhz in 2004
            DDR-III will run at 1Ghz by 2007

2007 ?? I can't wait around for that....
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

That's very dumb. WHy can't they just keep it under the same name DDR? Or rename it QDR.

Comment

QDR and any flavor of DDR are quite different but, I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to grab a "Hammer" setup as soon as they show up. I like to wait at least 8 weeks after introduction and see what if any bugs turn up and how they're fixed. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That's definitly true and that was definitly my intentions. Kinda like the first year of the C5 vette they had a problem with the oil pan and it would leak oil out of the engine.

Comment

ooops...that can't be good.....:laugh:
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

well when the hammer comes out it will definately be time for me to get a new computer so i should definately get QDR and the hammer

Comment

Just the same as now is the time for me. I've been beltin' this old AT SS7 server setup for some years nows. :zzz:

Comment

QDR is real? I thought I made that up.

Comment

Oh yes it's real, http://www.sysopt.com/articles/qdr-sram/ ;)

Comment

that's sweet !
                              i can't wait for ODR ... lol
                              i wonder how long it'll be before ODR really does exist ?
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Maybe by the end of the year is what the consortium is hoping but probably next. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X