Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on witch chipset/memory type to use with P4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, is it true that 1066 only beats 800 with 5% in performance?

Comment

Looking at two different online retailers here in sweden where i use to get my stuff, is I850 and I850e the same chip or is there actually two different ones? At one of the sites the board is called: ASUS P4T533-C i850E
      and on the other: ASUS P4T533-C I850
      This is the same mobo right??

:confused:
      :confused:

Comment

They're two different chips with the i850 only supporting 400MHz FSB processors and up to PC800 RDRAM where the i850E supports both 400 and 533MHz FSB ones and up to 1066 RDRAM. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The difference between the 850 and 850e is the 850e has support for the newer 533MHz FSB. Therefore any board that mentions 533 is 850e chipset

Comment

How strange, cause on the site where i found the I850 mobo it says that both 400/533 fsb is supported...

Comment

They must have neglected to mention the "e"..........

Comment

"ASUS P4T533-C I850 SOCKET 478 533MHZ RDRAM ATX"

WTF???

Comment

Ok that must be right, i'll call them just to be sure before any order. =)

So now it is only ONE thing left to ask, same thing as before, is there only 5% difference between 800 and 1066? Wiggo?

Comment

Asus says it 850e.....I'd agree with them

Comment

They definately didn't make the destinction between the two chipsets with makes ya wonder if they really know their stuff. :(

Comment

"Extreme Overclocking
                        ASUS P4T533 offers impressive overclocking options to maximize your system performance" Read it at asus.com haha well i don't know, but all manufacturers brag about THEIR products... :laugh:

Comment

Yep they all do but then if they don't sell it than they don't make any money. ;)

Comment

Do i gain any possitive things by getting "ecc" memory cause i have understood that I850E supports it...?

Comment

I didn't know that RDRAM had ECC but it will take a hit in performance though. ;)

Comment

Hmm well i'll guess that makes it, i will head for 1066 memory with ecc then.

Comment

Working...
                                X