Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on witch chipset/memory type to use with P4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that this thread is to help The__tweaker with what he wants and the customer has to be catered for. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

In any case if you want PC1066 then get the Intel D850EMV2. Because if you buy a P4 northwood off 533mhz bus and stick it in that crappy asus board, even after you OC it, it still wont be as fast as the intel board

Comment

Ok, but with that intel board i will not be able to oc at all is that right?

Comment

BTW ASUS P4T533-C is the same mobo that finnish crazy dude oc to almost 4 ghz with a 2,4 ghz processor, it don't sound so crapy to me. Guess the mobo was modded but anyway...

:confused:

Comment

Guaranteed if the board is made by Intel but quality 3rd party manufacturers may have something added but this article maybe of interest to ya though, http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboar...722/index.html :smokin:

Comment

I reckon DDR's got a better outlook than RDRAM, DDR's definitely the way to go in terms of price vs performance.

Comment

It's true Intel is faster---but only slightly, so nobody can tell a damn difference save with benchmarks. I dunno why you're saying Asus is crap, Ehhe Yebeb, as any 3rd party board tends to perform slightly under the reference board.

Comment

So, i'm starting to get pretty confused with all the information you guys are kind enought to give me. So therefore I ask you Wiggo or someone else: If price does'nt mather and i'm just looking for pure performance, is rambuss 800 or 1066 a better choise then ddr333? And is it really just a 5% difference between 800 and 1066? /Thx

Comment

At the moment if cost was no object then yes go with a RDRAM 1066 solution as it will be at the top in 90% of benches with no tweakin' required but by Xmas there should be some even more interesting products out that just may change the situation. :smokin:

Comment

Thank you Wiggo, you always explain thing's so i understand them very well. ;)

And the oc ability? With I850 chipset i have choose to buy.
                      less, average or good?

Comment

Pretty average at best which is why DDR boards and memory will probably overtake it by Xmas. ;)

Comment

Ok i se, and another memory ques, does it lower the performance or have any other bad side effects if i use let say two 128 mb sticks instead of one 256 mb stick? Is there any difference what so ever??

Comment

RDRAM goes in pairs - to get 256mb you need 2 x 128's or 4x64's

Comment

Ok, so i cannot use just one stick then, like i can with sd-ram...

Comment

No as it's a dual channel setup though Intel also have a dual channel DDR chipset on the way which should spell the end of RDRAM altogether for main PC memory but will also mean that memory will have to be used in matched pairs as well. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X