X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Personally- Id go with the VIA chipsetted mobo

I'm with you all the way on that one BZ :thumb:

Preferably the P4X333... from the reviews I've read that is an AWESOME chipset to have... makes my P4X266 look old :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Maybe it was just the crap ECS mobo's fault- but their SiS chipped mobos perform absolutley ****house. (the SIS 645DX and the model before it)

I havnt used any other brand mobo with the SiS chipset for P4 use, and I doubt I will. All their chipsets are pretty low-grade imo.
      But thats just me of course. You should really fully research it before making any final decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by buckchoi
        Im in Sydney and havent seen a single 533FSB P4 for sale yet....has anyone else?

With the 533FSB whats a good buy?? SIS 645DX, Intel 845E/G or the VIA one??
        Hi,

I'm in Adelaide and just got the Intel P4 2.26Ghz 533FSB for about A$480. Teamed it up with Epox EP-4G4A+ with Intel i845G and seems a really nice and stable setup, I've been using Epox MB's for years and never had a problem with them.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Comment

Got my Iwill P4D yesterday, and while it's based on the i845D, the indications of it being stable are excellent. I believe they've got an i845G board coming out, which from my initial impressions of the P4D, should be a winner.

Comment

Intel's fastest Pentium 4 @ 2.533GHz is about 20% faster than AMD's fastest Athlon XP 2200+ @ 1.8GHz.

Comment

20%!? My god do I want one...

Comment

I have a P4 2.4B 253FSB running on a MSI 845E Max2 M/B and a P4 2.0 400FSB running on a MSI 845 Ultra M/B and have had no problems with either setup.

Stick with the CPU you like best, whether it's an Intel or AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by buckchoi
                  Im in Sydney and havent seen a single 533FSB P4 for sale yet....has anyone else?

With the 533FSB whats a good buy?? SIS 645DX, Intel 845E/G or the VIA one??
                  They are pretty widely available. Ive seen them for sale at beecom (merrylands) and zone computing (St. Leanords) Zone also sells PC1066RDRam. Funny thing is the P4 with 533mhz bus costs the same as with 400mhz bus.

Comment

Also the person who mentioned they would want to get a VIA chipset for a P4, the VIA chipsets are hardly any better than the SiS chipsets. The intel chipsets (845D/G/E, 850) are easily the best choice for the P4. that is to say intel CHIPSET NOT intel MOTHERBOARD

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      False Christian[/size]]
                      Intel's fastest Pentium 4 @ 2.533GHz is about 20% faster than AMD's fastest Athlon XP 2200+ @ 1.8GHz.
                      Only up to in benchmarks that rely heavily on SSE2 optimisations though the real figure would be closer to the 8-10% mark overall but there are still some benches that it misses out on. :smokin:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cool: Be patient. (NOT LIKE I AM HOWEVER) As soon as the P4 2.8's come out, the 2.53's will plummet in price. :)

Comment

I have been happy with a SIS 645 chipset (Gigabyte) mb, which I chose for the DDR 333 support. My P4 1.6a overclocks easily >2.0 without significant rise in temp and remains rock stable. The new SIS 648 is also supposed to be very promising, but time will tell. I agree that VIA chipsets are great, but the new SIS chipsets are very competitive.
                          I also have an Intel mb with 845G chipset which is very stable, but cannot overclock. I do notrecommend the on-board video with the i845G. It's much better performance with a AGP 4x card. If you want a stable business machine, Intel mb is very reliable.

Comment

I am hoping that the newest AMD's really pummel Intel's best & maybe Intel will lower all of it's prices.

Comment

The P4 2.53 is ridiculous in price, something like $1300aud. I bought my whole system for less than that. Also, the althon XP 1800+ matches and sometimes beats the P4 2.0GHZ in some benchmarks, even though its clocked at 1.53GHZ.

Comment

I believe that most people who buy them have zero need for that speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X