Mushkin XP 998679 DDR3 3x2GB 1600Mhz Stability Testing and Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mushkin XP 998679 DDR3 3x2GB 1600Mhz Stability Testing and Review

Look at those numbers! This is high performance kit IMO, with all that heat spreader so yeah it should hit that high.

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Comment

Yes, I was super amazed it could even happen with this kit!

Heatspreader is OK, it's just their normal one. There better cooling heatsinks are the New Ridgeback and the older Ascents.

It's the uncore options with 980X CPU make it possible, being able to use less than 2:1 uncore

Comment

Dual channel attempt, I think I have reached the edge of my IMC, I believe higher will require subzero cooling!

2609.4Mhz Dual channel

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Comment

2700Mz+ update here

Comment

I want to try some mushkins in my socket 1366 system but i cant seem to find them here in Australia. You can get just about every other brand of memory but no one has Mushkin.

Can you ask Mushkin to start pimping their sticks here in Australia?

Comment

I can ask for you, maybe the US office would work something out to ship directly to you, or they may know someone who will.

I'll see what I can find out for ya

Comment

I might have some news for you on Monday-Tuesday about getting some Mushkin over there.

They do ship internationally from here, but you need to contact them and pay up front
                Mushkin Products Mushkin Memory Mushkin DDR DDR2 Memory Mushkin Power supply-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

And of course there is always ebay, there is a few regular Mushkin sellers there as well that ship worldwide

I will let you know though what I find out from Mushkin directly as they may have a easier option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by badonkadonk View Post
                  I want to try some mushkins in my socket 1366 system but i cant seem to find them here in Australia. You can get just about every other brand of memory but no one has Mushkin.

Can you ask Mushkin to start pimping their sticks here in Australia?
                  What lsdmeasap says is true, but if you can hold on for a few more weeks you should be able to purchase Mushkin Enhanced in Australia.
                  Mushkin Enhanced comes alive...

Need help with your Mushkin Product? Click Here

Comment

Thanks for checking on this for me Sean, and stopping by to let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by MushkinSean View Post
                      What lsdmeasap says is true, but if you can hold on for a few more weeks you should be able to purchase Mushkin Enhanced in Australia.
                      Oh, thanks that is good news. I'm sure this company PC Case Gear would be interested. They are a smaller company than some others here but they tend to carry more enthusiast level high performance parts.

And thanks to Lsdmeasap for the info. I will watch the thread to see where we can get them...
                      Last edited by badonkadonk; 06-10-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I am not sure what company Sean was talking with, but I will try to make sure he sees your suggestion in case he can get something worked out with them too if they are not whom he had in mind.

Comment

Good news!! Mushkin memory and SSDs appeared on the PC Case Gear website today!! The prices are very good too.

The only thing, there is no triple channel redline kits, but they could probably order them in i guess?. The Sandforce based 120G Callisto SSD is a great price.

Thanks again.

Comment

Great to hear Mushkin has came through for you now!!

Ya they may be able to order redlines for you if you ask, or maybe they have just not requested stock of any yet. If you are looking for triple channel redlines, do they have 998826 Ridgeback's? Those are the same as one of the newer redline sets, just with the new Ridgeback heatspreader

Comment

Oh ok , yes they have Ridgebacks. I might try some.

Comment

Well I know the 998826 kit is the same as the Redline kit with the same timings
                                998826 - 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 6-8-6-24 Ridgeback (Triple Kit)

Same as
                                998805 - 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 6-8-6-24 Redline (Triple Kit)

Comment

Working...
                                X