Driver problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver problem?

My computer has been restarting randomly (since i got it like 5 or so months ago) (usually after long periods of running) and and error message popping up on restart saying the system has recovered from a serious error, ..an unknown device driver has caused this problem etc. I suspect a conflict/problem with my drivers, is their any quick fix for this, like downloading updated drivers or is it going to be a hassle... I know there was some software out there that tells which drivers are out of date and whatnot but im not sure, this hasnt been a huge issue being it happens about once every two days if i leave my computer on for a long time, i don't think it has anything to do with overheating but i may be wrong.

thx.

Re: Driver problem?

download updated drivers from chipset manufacturer
    update the bios on your motherboard

and that may fix the problem
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Can you find the exact drivers for me using the specs in my forum signature, just so i can be sure?

Comment

http://www.google.com is your friend.

Comment

Sorry but I agree with Helix666. Since you know what your specs are it should be easy to go through the list of parts and find the drivers you need from the manufacturers by yourself. The Asus website, for example, is not that difficult to use.
          HOWEVER, I do have an idea what may solve the problem. If the nVidia IDE driver was installed with that board you may want to disable NCQ and see if the problem goes away. To accomplish this follow the directions below. If the problem still persists then just set things back the way they were and look for other solutions.

Right click "My Computer"

Click "properties"

Click "hardware" tab

Click "Device Manager"

Expand IDE/ATAPI line by clicking on the + beside it

Double click the first "nVidia nForce 4 Serial ATA Controller"

On the "properties" screen go to "Primary Channel" tab

If not greyed out; uncheck "enable command queuing"

Click O.K.

Repeat last 4 steps for each instance of "nVidia nForce 4 Serial ATA Controller"
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Hi, I actually have the exact same problem with my nf-95. After fiddling with trial and error, I found it remained stable only when I took one of the memory sticks out (I have 2 512 meg Crucial Ballistix DDR), either one, either slot.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it automatically sets it to dual channel when two are in. Someone I know had a similar problem and reset it to single channel, but I can't find that option anywhere in the BIOS for the NF-95.

Comment

I ram Memtest86 for about an hour and 10 minutes and on test 7 i got an error, (the tech guy from NCIX told me to try that after i told him the story.. so, faulty stick of ram?

Comment

Working...
              X