Overburning a CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overburning a CD

I was wondering about overburning CDs. Is there a particular technique involved. What is the max capacity for an 80 min CD. I am using Nero 5.5, I believe.

Thx JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

80min = 700mb

Comment

with TDK certified CD's I have successfully burned 86:1:1 minutes on a disk but even if it burns right does not mean that it will play right ALL of the time

Comment

I'm not an expert with CDR, but I'd say thats because data is being burnt to the furthest out tracks of the CD which I'd imagine aren't as reliable or good as the inner tracks.

Comment

that's exactly right Mr. Tweak, althoughmost times you will get lucky and it will play. You have to use very high quality CDR media though

Comment

if you really need to squeeze that extra bit onto a CD, you can actually get 90 and 99 minute cds... they are hard to find, and don't necessarily work with all burners, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

From my own personal experience with 2 burners (AOpen CRW9624 and Creative CDRW1611E) 80min CD-R discs don't overburn very well at all. I have had much greater success with 74 minute CD-R discs, I have burned up to 78 minutes on occasions with them :)
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

when you say overburn an 80 minute cd, do you mean going over 80 minutes, or still going over 74 minutes? the best I've done with an 80 minute was about 81:20....

Comment

depends on the media and burner and of course the speed of the burn. when I overburn I turn my 24x down to 2x so I don't run as much risk of making a coaster

Comment

Originally posted by ne0z
                    depends on the media and burner and of course the speed of the burn. when I overburn I turn my 24x down to 2x so I don't run as much risk of making a coaster
                    I guess that would work if you had the time to sit around and wait... :)

Comment

some1 got me 4x re-writes

ARARARARARRARARHGHGHGHGHGGHG!!!! it takes sooooo long,i have a 10x re-write speed god damn it!
                      TT Original

Comment

I think in my time with burners (over a year), I've only ever used the re-write feature once.

Comment

i need to

i use them as a substitue for an extra hdd

i have no $ and a small HDD
                          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                            i need to

i use them as a substitue for an extra hdd

i have no $ and a small HDD
                            I guess so, with that being the purpose of burners in the first place anyway.

Comment

i got 6x 650mb ones that i use
                              TT Original

Comment

Working...
                              X