Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Giveaway - MSI GeForce GTX 460 768MB Cyclone OC Video Card worth $209 USD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Weekly Giveaway - MSI GeForce GTX 460 768MB Cyclone OC Video Card worth $209 USD

Haha, thanks again :)

@Jason4Ever: Sure thing :) This is meant to upgrade my old 8800 GT on my pc back home :x and yeah, i read that volt modded this card can go a nasty 927 Mhz Core clock from the stock 675 and the starting 725 of the MSI OC

Interesting details here

Though i'm not sure about outperforming the 470...

This is the rig its meant to go into though i won't be able to get it in till i get home end of the year :x This is the Praetorian II :D

The Top fan above the Cooler Master Hyper N520 has actually been replaced with a Xigmatek 140mm White Case Fan but i don't have any pictures to reflect this :x

Comment

• Re: Weekly Giveaway - MSI GeForce GTX 460 768MB Cyclone OC Video Card worth $209 USD

@hamsteyr: nice rig you have their dude, btw what CPU cooler is that?

can i have your old 8800GT to be paired with my 9800GTX in SLI if you don't mind? joke only! hehehe :D
      HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
      ASRock H61M-ITX
      ATI Radeon HD5550
      Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
      Seagate Barracuda 2x500GB
      XMBC Media Player

Comment

Thats the Cooler Master Hyper N520 :) I wanted to get the Hyper N620, but its kind of a bit too tall to fit into the CM Storm Scout without having to remove the side case fan i think :x

Lol O_o the 8800 GT can SLi with a 9800 GTX? Like SLi side by side or dedicated physics lol

Comment

i don't know if the 8800GT can be SLI'ed with a 9800GTX but they have a same GPU which is G92 according to GPU-Z.
          HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
          ASRock H61M-ITX
          ATI Radeon HD5550
          Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
          XMBC Media Player

Comment

Thats very true, after all the 9800 is pretty much a rehash of the 8800 with an additional SLi Finger >_>

Comment

the Cooler Master Hyper N520/N620 is a large CPU cooler, my CPU cooler is CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ with push and pull fan config but it's not that handsome as your cooler but it performs very nice. i wanna try that N520 also if there's available in my place :)
              HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
              ASRock H61M-ITX
              ATI Radeon HD5550
              Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
              XMBC Media Player

Comment

congrats to the winner

Comment

yeah, from 8800GT to 9800GT to 9800GTX and now GTS 250 hehehe :D
                  HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
                  ASRock H61M-ITX
                  ATI Radeon HD5550
                  Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
                  XMBC Media Player

Comment

nVidia, masters of rehashing old chips into new products >.> lol At least the 460 is a damned fine product.

The 520 isn't THAT big, i was initially quite worried whether it would fit but the tech guy at the store said it would so.... I didn't wanna end up going back, installing it then find out i have to take the fans out.

Its hard to find what kind of fans would fit what kind of casing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason4eveR View Post
                      i don't know if the 8800GT can be SLI'ed with a 9800GTX but they have a same GPU which is G92 according to GPU-Z.
                      you can sli them but the slower card will handycap the performance

Comment

@hamsteyr: what is the height of N520?

@fausto412: yes i guess the 8800GT has a 900 MHz memory clock while the 9800GTX has a 1100 MHz memory clock.
                        HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
                        ASRock H61M-ITX
                        ATI Radeon HD5550
                        Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
                        XMBC Media Player

Comment

Says here its 122.35 x 102.5 x 141 mm ( L x W x H )

For me it fits just perfectly nicely in a CM Storm Scout, hence i'm sure a N620 wouldn't fit inside a Storm Scout without taking the fan off.

Comment

is it a 120mm fan or 92mm?
                            HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
                            ASRock H61M-ITX
                            ATI Radeon HD5550
                            Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
                            XMBC Media Player

Comment

It would be the 92mm fan. Its quite a capable cooler for its size. I'm looking at the V8 to replace the Freezer 7 Pro on my other pc though.

Comment

i don't recommend you the V8, get the V6 instead :)
                                HTPC

Intel Pentium G620
                                ASRock H61M-ITX
                                ATI Radeon HD5550
                                Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
                                XMBC Media Player

Comment

Working...
                                X