Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Hey thanks for this tutorial everything is working now. Just one thing, is it possible to get the rewind/fast forward features to work while your watching something?

Comment

Has anyone gotten Tversity to stream from Vista to the 360?

Comment

Originally posted by tversity_noob View Post
        Has anyone gotten Tversity to stream from Vista to the 360?
        Yes, worked for me.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I got everything working including connecting it via Music to the media server. Only problem I'm having now is it's only showing the video's stored on the xbox 360 not videos on the network. How can I change this?

Thanks so much

Comment

I followed the guide and everything worked and I can access all my music and pictures but when I go to video I don't see any of the videos on the network. It only shows what I have on my xbox hard drive. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by imagenyuss View Post
              I got through everything up to page five to work fine...but, come page five, the xbox isn't seeing my computer. I checked http://localhost:41952 and I can see the server fine. My router has open ports. The xbox can see other computers on the network, just not TVersity.
              Hey
              I have exactly the same problem!

With windows media connect all works fine, but the xbox isn't seeing the computer when tversity is installed!
              The localhost 41952 thing works fine and I have media connect completly deleted!

Any idea?

Comment

This Tweak Will Not Work Unless You Install Ffdshow. You Must Have This For The Tweak To Work.

Comment

ok so iv got everything working right up untill the point i press play on one of my films, now my pc keeps working with e divx logo flashing up in my toolbar every 10 or so seconds and my 360 just freezes/ crashes!?! iv left it for 5 min and still no movie! help guys! nothing seems to happen on my pc except the odd cpu usage jumps u down while im waiting for the film to load? this sorta question was asked before, so i really hope somone knows the answer.
                  Last edited by fellowsuk; 02-12-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

if you are getting error messages that say you have been disconected and all sorts iof other crap when you try to play them on the xbox go to this site follow these directions it turns out your divx codecs are somehow interfering and you need to reinstall windows media player 11 as well as ALL of your codecs, there are detailed instructions here:

it worked for me when i had just about given up and it seems it can fix other problems as well. i hope this might help save some people time from searching all over the internet!

Comment

hmm.. I've installed TVeristy and it's working OK, I can see music and pics... problem is videos , on my Xbox it says "view videos from the xbox harddrive" on both music and pics I get the option to connect to the computer and the TVeristy server but not when trying to access the video folder .. it only displays the local (the videos on the xbox) .. how do I fix this? (ofcourse I've shared videos in all types of formats in the tversity program and restarted the server and xobx several times)

Thanks for any help you could give me..

-Intrepid

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                        Are you sure you are looking at your networked PC and not your 360 HDD with trailers that you've downloaded?
                        So how do I change this? I only see local files... I dont see an option of viewing videos from the pc (pics and music works fine though)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordith View Post
                          I followed the guide and everything worked and I can access all my music and pictures but when I go to video I don't see any of the videos on the network. It only shows what I have on my xbox hard drive. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
                          got the very same problem! Please tell me if you solved it!

Comment

Solved the problem with the video files not showing!
                            The XBOX needed an update which it did when I tried connecting to the xbox marketplace...

-Intrepid

Comment

I disconnect computer via systems. When I go into medis - music - computer - have you installed media sharing software = yes
                              It then jut picks up my pc as it did when i did install the www.xbox.com/pcsetup file.
                              I can't seem to get the TVersity up on my xbox360
                              It is installed on pc ok and has the cool blue tv icon near the clock.
                              Anyone, please help

Shadow

Comment

Hello,

Firstly, excellent guide, took some time and tweaking but got it sorted, and it's much better then the Media Centre I had on Vista (basically, it would only show photos, no video and no music through it)

Any ways, I do have the problem that the TVersity does work, but if I turn off the computer and 360, on the next boot, I can only get it working again by un-installing and then re-installing it. I have had to do it every time now.

If I don't, I the settings all seem to be there, but TVersity seems to stop working, and the 360 cannot connect to the computer again. So I have un-install, re-install and reboot before it all connects again.

Any help please and thank you! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X