Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

I've followed everything perfectly until page 5. The Xbox could find my computer, however it can't find the TVERSITY on ______. Getting a bit frustrated. -_- Can anyone help?

Comment

everything work fine until im going to start a video its says that
      the connection broke and my computer is off. But my computer is on and
      is working fine.
      Any help??

Comment

Originally posted by Khmerguy231 View Post
        I've followed everything perfectly until page 5. The Xbox could find my computer, however it can't find the TVERSITY on ______. Getting a bit frustrated. -_- Can anyone help?

i'm having exactly the same problem.

i have it all allowed in my firewall etc etc, theres no media center / pc connected or no software on my computer, but it finds my computer bot not TVersity !

Help please .. ?

Comment

same thing is happening to me.. I did absolutely everything instructed but it just doesn't see the TVersity. went through the troubleshooting of the TVersity site and still not working. AHHH :(

Comment

I have successfully done all the steps. I can play videos on my xbox 360 but the videos are upside down. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
            Thanks

Comment

Cant get this to work either.

I have done all of the steps and everything seems to be working fine but the 360 wont recognize TVersity. Only recognizes my desktop with MP11 installed. Friend did this and it works just fine.

Really frustrating and no one seems to have a solution.

Could the fact that I am connecting the 360 wirelessly have anything to do with it??? Like I said, Music with MP11 works fine, but it wont even recognize TVersity.

Any and all help really appreciated.

Comment

This simply does not work for me. Everything goes perfectly up until step 5. My xbox will not see any computers marked as being shared.

Ive followed all the steps very carefully, the server is setup just fine, and port forwarding is working, and I can see if on my computer if I go to the URL. Also my Xbox is networked correctly as i can access LIVE, I can launch XNA games, and if I install an extender, I can use Windows Media Center just fine. after disconnecting the extender, I just cannot see the TV server.

anyone have any kind of troubleshooting for this? Ive noticed 4 or 5 comments with no answers with the same problem =(

Comment

I had a similar problem to many of you that I had followed the instructions, could see the server in a browser (locally and remotely) and couldn't see it on the XBox.

To fix it, all I did was go to "Settings --> General Settings" in TVersity and click "Restart Sharing". After that, I was able to see it.

I'm running Vista Ultimate, BTW and I couldn't get Transcode360 to work without crashing. :/

Thanks for this guide in general, it's quite good.

Comment

Im having the same prob in that my 360 can see my PC yet it will not detect TVersity. Ive tried going into General settings and clicked on restart sharing but nothing, zilch!

below is a post i made on TV's web site.

installed win11

installed TVersity_Setup_0_9_9_2

installed this Download [ FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2007-03-13 ]

opened up TVersity, gone to File at the top and added my film. I have not touched anything else in TVersity and my film is sat in the white area.

Now i have connected my 360 up to my pc with the supplied ethernet cable and started my xbox up. It wouldn't find it at first but i messed about with it and got my music up and my pictures but when i went into video it didn't find anything?

This is what has stumped me, any1 help.

I have to unplug my internet connection then i plug the 360 ethernet cable into my pc which runs to my 360, having it like this means i am not online (will this matter!?)

cheers.

Comment

I've done everything in this tutorial and I can't get my 360 to recognize TVersity. I've tried restarting my PC, my 360, refreshed sharing, etc. When my 360 checks for computer to connect to it only recognizes my desktop computer. It doesn't recognize my laptop (which is where I have TVersity installed). Is there a way to get my 360 to recognize only my laptop? This is much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Lan Sever

Ok, I know this is not exactly the correct place to post this but, I cant find anyone else to help me. When I was trying to foward my ports on my router to allow Tversity to do its thing. But it wont allow me to accomplish this without a LAN sever. What is the LAN sever? Is it just my IP adress or my static IP adress? I very much need your help as I am in way over my head!

Comment

Can anybody help me set up Tversity the music plays flawlessly but when it comes to the videos i can't get nothing to play. I have k-lite mega codec installed along with WMP 11. So can anybody tell how to get the videos to play

Comment

Originally posted by bedpunisher View Post
                            Can anybody help me set up Tversity the music plays flawlessly but when it comes to the videos i can't get nothing to play. I have k-lite mega codec installed along with WMP 11. So can anybody tell how to get the videos to play
                            Is your connection wirelss? If so you might not have a fast enough router to play movies.

Comment

Same problem as others....everything looks fine....

XBOX 360 can't see the server.

I had normal media sharing working before. That is all disabled now....Not sure what else to do.

Comment

You Must Have Ffdshow Installed To Get This To Work. The Guide Does Not Tell You This. I Had Numerable Problems And It Would Not Work Until I Installed Ffdshow.

Also, Before Running Tversity Make Sure You Have Disconnected From Any Previous Computer Connections In The Xbox 360 Dashboard. Go To Settings Computer< Disconnect Computer. Go To Your Computer Switch On Tversity Allow Sharing And Then Go Back To Xbox360. Go To Xbox Media On Dashboard And Select Computer (not Media Center Pc) You Should See Options For Windows Media Player Pc And Tversity Pc. Select Tversity Pc And Wait For Minute Or So For Streaing To Start. I Am Using A Wirlessly Connected Xbox And It Works Fine Provided You Turn The Down The Streaming Quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X