No announcement yet.

Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

I have done all that has been required and that includes installing Ffdshow, and my 360 still hasn't detected TVercity.

I'm really at a loss here having done everything I do that normally works shutting off firewall, etc....

Comment

same here, i've done everything required and it still isn't working!!
      Wot settings are you meant to use when setting up FFdShow or Tversity?
      Is there anything i could have done wrong there?

Thanks a lot

Comment

I was having the exact same problems. I am running 32-bit vista business ed. I went into the control panel and then to the windows firewall. I added a port (the default port 41952) for the tversity and then I also added the program file .exe. After that I restarted my pc and xbox and it detected the server on my xbox. Now I am just trying to get the codecs right so my xbox will play my divx movies.
        Last edited by mycoolgamername; 04-06-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I would also like to add the picture of the linksys router port says "49152" THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PORT THE SOFTWARE USES BY DEFAULT!

It uses "41952". I think that can be the root of some of your problems.

Comment

I finallly got my xbox to find TVersity, but when i try and play a video it just crashes everytime no matter which video it is.
            Any sugestions?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

What did you do to get your 360 to detect TVercity jamie090989?

Comment

Ok for those of you STILL having trouble with your Xbox seeing your Tversity server.

I messed with the settings till I came up with the easiest solution in the world, you will all smack your heads when you read this.

Ok open Tversity
                Stop Sharing
                Go to settings/general/home network
                Change the port from the default to "2869" (this is a port that the Xbox looks at to see if there is a server I found this out from doing a connection test and reading the info on the computer tab)
                Start Sharing
                Go to your Xbox, disconnect your pc if it is connected if not, go to video, computer, select yes continue, you should see Tversity waiting with all it's glory.

Hope this helps, if you need a more indepth description leave a post and I'll do my best.

If it doesn't work for you, sorry, it worked for me no problems.

Comment

A few more tips.

If your video is upside down, check the settings on your codec, if you don't know how to do this, look it up on google, or ask around.

If you can't get some videos to play, it might be because you have installed a codec pack, packs usually just cause interference and problems. Download codecs as you need them, if you need divx download divx or xvid, if you need ac3 filter, download the ac3 filter.

It seems the Haali Media Splitter gave me some problems, I was running fine until I installed this and then I got the "lost connection" warning on my Xbox and the media server had to be restarted, uninstalling seems to have fixed it.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Comment

@urabewe

Thanks. Solved it for me. I'm gonna have to put this in a wiki somewhere as this was hard to find.

Comment

I managed to stream divx and vob files with ease. however, when i add a video url, it is not showing up on my xbox.any ideas?

Comment

@txdude

No problem, glad it helped you.
                        ----------------------------------------

midknight, you know, that's the funny thing I couldn't get a Video URL to work either, I did however get RSS Video feeds to work, one was from VH1, one was from SFSTV, and Comedy Central.

It worked great for a few days, I was starting to figure it out, when it works you will see the list of videos on your video list (which is a pain considering VH1 has 107 of them and no way to only show a few at a time) this is the part that I was stumped at for a while. When it works, TVersity will only download however many videos you tell it to in the RSS settings, but it will show ALL the videos the RSS feed has.

If you want to view a video that hasn't downloaded yet when you click on it the Xbox will give you a "Connection Lost" notice, BUT!!!! (OMG), TVersity starts downloading that video from the feed, so if you wait maybe play a song or a game of Call of Duty, and come back, your video will be waiting for you ready to be played.

Now like I said it worked for a few days, then all of a sudden the videos just stopped downloading, it wouldn't play ones that were already downloaded, only ones that I had already watched before and were already converted, then it stopped doing that.

Hopefully in future releases they will address the RSS problem because I can't figure out why the hell it stopped and I really like the SFSTV and Comedy Central feeds they were great.

Oh yeah, also when you first put your RSS feed into TVersity you have to wait for the circle in the top right corner to stop spinning and you also have to wait for the little refresh symbol next to your feed to turn BLACK not GREY or GRAY either usually lasts until it downloads the number of videos in the RSS settings.

Once the symbol is black, and there is no spinning circle in the top right corner the vidoes should be on the Xbox.

(whew) Anyway hope that helps... hahahaha yeah ok good luck man.

Comment

urabewe , many thanks for that!! awesome stuff - and i sure will try it out. if u get anywhere with the url links please do let me know.

btw, does it stream avi and mpeg files?

Comment

i now have it on my x360 but when i play a video file the screen just goes black anyone got any ideas

Comment

I had tversity up and working on my xbox on may 8th. then the next day i came home and tried it again and i can still see tversity but it says i have no videos in my file, which is untrue. that was the same day there was an update for xboxlive. Does anybody know how to get it up and working so i can see my files?

Comment

Got the very same problem... But ive never had it up & running...

Comment

Working...
                                X