I nEeD cHeAp LaN gAme!i!i!i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I nEeD cHeAp LaN gAme!i!i!i

What up all, I have a computer maintence class at my school and as soon as we go thorugh and fixour self some computers we're gonna get to test them out, and what better way then with a LAN. Now these are no super fast super cool super computers. the are around 200-300 mhz or so. They are old and donated to the program so what'd ya expect Anyway, since most of the students don't have counterstrike i was wondering if anyone knows any good, cheap games i could use in this lan. I'm thinking UT, the first one, but i dunno what else to consider. Any ideas???

One word. Doom.

Comment

I tried out UT on a P2 at school as well. one word, painfull. I would suggest the classic Red Alert. Still one of my favourite games and it allows 8 players on one LAN.

Comment

Wow, I was about to mention Red Alert 2. I actually just gotoff anice 2hr session on it. Still kicks ass IMHO.

Comment

Starsiege tribes is a good one too...

Comment

SOLDAT!!
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Go Soldat! Crazy game man, its insane with lots of people playing. That would be another good one.

Comment

GTA1!!!! the game is free and is available off the rock star games site Serious sam is not bad too

Comment

VB Bomberman for fans of the classic atomic bomberman: http://clones.bomberman.info/bombermanvb/

Starcraft will work nicely via IPX on a P200mhz. so will the original age of empires and warcraft 2 battlenet edition will also work.

you may be able to get Dooom going with Zdaemon [www.zdaemon.org]

Comment

Duke Nukem?

Comment

i'd go with soldat. But... 200/300mhz systems. u should get a fast computer (500+mnhz more) to be the server. or ur games ar going to lag like hell

Comment

id recommend doom you can download the shareware in minutes an a can be kickin ass 30 seconds later. we tryed it on sum old systems in my skool ( 166-200mhz) an it ran perfectly with 6 of us playing.

:grr:

Comment

hehe, just got doom myself for my server. gravfics...:no: :no: :thumbs do

but is still better than no games.

Comment

Working...
                          X