Clear All

Comment

"Master, me thinks it's time to rest."

Comment

OOC: Character profiles are now available:

Poe - www.ravenz.com/poe.html
        Aziraphale - http://www.ravenz.com/az.html
        -----------------------------
        Aziraphale and Poe had now reached the entrance to the access tunnel stairway, and were looking for signs of previous company. Adjusting his eyes, Poe scanned the area and noticed multiple energy signatures. "Looks like they were here not too long ago. Heat patterns show a lot happened here. I wonder where they went."

"There's only one psychic presence here now, and it's quite mad," commented Aziraphale. "I can see it as if I were looking at a picture. Follow me this way, if you will." With that, the two began walking down the southern sewage tunnel.

A few minutes later, Poe began thinking. "So, what were you doing down there by that old reactor? What were all those books." Aziraphale smiled, "I am a collector of sorts. I like to follow the history of this malevolent planet, and those books contain a wealth of information." Thinking a moment, "I suppose you could say I live down there from time to time."

"Interesting," Poe mused. "At least you're not as rude as a few others I've met lately. That's definately a plus!"

Perhaps this could be an interesting adventure after all. Aziraphale took the opportunity to break the silence and pose a question of his own. "Why was I unable to detect or read you? I have never met a being I was unable to 'feel' from a distance. In fact, at this moment if you were not next to me, I would not know you were here."

Poe considered the question, and decided it wouldn't hurt to answer. "Well, I think in digital and not by psychic means. It's a defensive measure I was born with. It comes in handy more often than not. Besides, I like a good surprise at another's expense."
        ...Way to go boss, why don't you tell him everything?...

At that very moment, the two heard a loud growl, followed by repeated smashing noises. Something was definately angered. Poe moved forward silently to get a better view. It was a large stone gargoyle.. and it didn't look like it wanted to talk. It was now perched upon an old stone desk with it's back towards the entrance to the room. Poe readied his shotgun. Taking aim, he fired one round just above the gargoyle's head.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

The little human seemed so in awe about the light and sky....interesting. As she spun in the air, holding her arms out, Malone couldn't stop himself, a pleased smile quickly passed his lips, he scolded himself instantly, and with-held a neutral face as the girl turned to look at him.

"Little one, it is time for sleep! Follow me!" He led her down a deserted alley way, and lay down on the ground, then thinking and looking at the girl, he stood again, "Luggage get here!" the lumbering box plodded up beside its master and its lid clicked open, Malone plunged his arm inside the black ness and pulled out a large pillow and a blanket and threw them at the girl, then he layed back on the ground and put his hands behind his head and rested....

Malone closed his eyes and fell to sleep, the sun resting softly on his eyelids, he listened to what the girl had to say for a while, then quietly commented...."It will change soon...darkness will come..."

Thinking that this would satisfy the girl he fell back further into sleep, but after a short period he felt pressure on his arm, when he opened his eyes slightly to slits he saw that the girl had abandoned her pillow and came to rest on his arm. Mortals, they act so strangely....

They slept for about 3 hours, and by the time Malone's eyes clicked back open, the moon had put it self high in the sky. He straightened and his ears perked, there was someone around this area, with a shrug the girl fell heavily off his arm and onto the ground, and Malone lept to his feet, "Quickly girl on your feet, we must leave! We are headed for a place i read about long ago! I need your assitance, put your gear back and grab hold! NOW!!!" He roared the last word at her as a large group of Mutants rounded the corner at the far end of the Alley.....

:smokin:

Comment

"He-hehe-he-hee! I'm so excited, master take us on great ride, to strange place, he-hehe-he-hee!"

Comment

Comment

"Where ARE we exactly and why are you so happy!"

Comment

That look had arisen to the girls face again....Malone frowned, and his face warped and shortened, same as with the rest of his body, as his figure shrunk itself back into the human body.

"Now little one, this here is one of the seven chapters to the book 'Octavo'. Your race seems to be under the impression that your 'god' created the universe, HA! That book you called the bible! What a joke, i knew the person who wrote that book well, what your race doesn't seem to know is that the book was written by a drunken angel in a pub in Rome! But this, this is the truth, the Octavo, written by the true creator of the universe, he goes by no name, except 'The Creator'. There are seven of these books scattered accross the world, within their old crackled pages is one spell each, when combined these spells created the universe, all that time ago!"

"In each book there is one element each Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, but then there is 3 more, each one more complex, one has the power to create the mind, and all its thoughts, but the other 2, now they are special, LIfe....and Death, this here my dear is Death!"

"The noble race of the Daemon long ago was entrusted to keep this book safe, and stop it from falling into the wrong hands. Only a few of the highest Historians know of this books existence today, lucky for me did i stumble across the book that told me about all 7! How to control them, and how to find them! HA! Those mumbling fools in Pandemonium do not understand the power they can harness! We can rule this world! You my dear will be my queen!" With this Malone held out a hand, his eyes glinted as he smiled......

Comment

Comment

Comment

A loud shot came from behind the gargoyle, but it did not startle him, for he was quite aware that he had company. As the plaster above his head crumbled and flicked grains of brick on his head, the fiend turned to his would-be guests and turned back to his work. "Go away, can you not see that i'm working." Just before, he had been studying the inner workings of his new shell, the properties of it's soldification and on new theories for regaining his power. Using his adopted name, Cheogh was able to quickly harden his carapace from simple concerte to the fabled black adamant of legends past, offering him considerable protection and near invulnerability to most forms of conventional weaponry, which the gunman behind him failed to recognize. Another blast from the shotgun now came toward the perched demon. The tight volley of pellets ricocheted harmlessly off the polished jet surface of the creature's new hide. Turning on the pair he grumbled "Why do you waste your time with me? I have done no wrong to you. Why don't you chase you friend Malone away to his home, yes I do know that the both of you are looking for him and so am I, so wouldn't it be best if we combined our efforts in order to send him to his hell?" The outside pair looked to each other upon hearing their quarry's name. "So it's agreed. You two can look for him and i'll stay here." With that, Cheogh gave a stretch of his wings and from the tunnel entrance burst an impenetrable barrier of transparent red diamond that barred further passage and shells from the outer tunnel.

At that moment, a familiar blue blob oozed it's way through the upper grate. "Ha, My plan worked!" The wayward slime had been lured back to the lair due to Cheogh's false energy signals which he had released upon venting his rage. "Now you belong to me once again!" and with a chuckle, he sunk his claw into the jelly and immediatley began to draw his lost power's unto himself. As the trails of blue changed back to their original red colour, he could feel his power returning to him, restoring him to his former power. His eyes now glowed with a brilliant red sheen and tiny sparks broke out from his coat. Deep within the black husk tore dark spirals of twisted red veins As for the stolen energies, he cast them into a small vial which he tightly sealed. This energy prison might come in handy later. He practiced with his old metamorphic abilities, changing gnarled limbs into razor hooks without the slightest ease and keeping it's unearthly toughness. He decided that retaining his current guise might be more rewarding than donning his familiar bedsheet. He turned his gaze to a broken table upon which was his backup blanket and then to the pair outside. "It's time to say goodbye!" and he gave a quick wave as he sprung through the roof, leaving smoking trails in his wake. The lair's structure began to give way and collapsed in on itself, burying the beast's home of untold years...

Comment

Comment

Comment

"Yes master....faster...must go faster!""No....it is...okay...so...tired....I'm...okay..." She indicated to him to rest.

She walked over to Malone who seemed...distant. "What's wrong with you? You haven't said anything to me since we left. Is it something I said?" He said nothing and turned away from her quickly his cheeks coloured deeply. "It would help if you could say something...please" She tried to face him, but he continued to avert his gaze towards her.

"Well, I'll be over there if you wanna start talking to me. I want to know what you're thinking. I can't read you mind, literally, you're blocked off..." She slowly turned around and sat down on the grass nearby and picked at it. She sighed deeply, she wished she knew what he was thinking...was he scolding himself, she wanted to know. It was like...he was punishing himself for something. She asked herself many questions. But she did nothing, so she continued to wait.

Comment

Malone turned, looking at the ground, trying not to look the girl in the eye, it was so hard. He felt the bash on his mind again, she tryed to read his mind once again obviously.

He looked up suddenly, remembering something he had read long ago, "For your link, and yourself to be fully happy with eachother, you musn't have secrets, let down your gaurd and you will be happy!"

He looked at the girl again, yet another emotion was on his face that he didn't fully understand, this time it was agitation, no-one in his life had dared show him agitation and lived! Now this little mortal was yelling at him! This puzzled him momentarily, then he walked around in a small circle thinking to himself, "Happy", had he ever been truly happy? Or was it just lust and desire for power that drove him?

He stopped, then looked deep at the girl, marvelling at her, the dress, and her hair, although, now it was wind-muffled, and hung un-evenly over her shoulders, she was still simply amazing..... ARGH! Malone shook his head, what was he thinking, she was a mortal! A mere mortal! But he couldn't keep the thoughts in his head, they kept just turning to dust as soon as he felt any form of dislike towards her....

Malone walked towards the girl, his head tilted downwards although his eyes glowered at her still, his stride's struck the ground hard, leaving large imprints where he walked. "Mortal, my thoughts are mine to keep! My head is my own!" Malone was trying to talk through gritted teeth and yell at her, although he couldn't get it out, the last sentence came out as nothing more then a nervous squeek.

Argh! This was hopeless, he couldn't keep his head straight when around this girl! He walked sadly back accross the park and sat down on a bench, and cupped his head in his hands, and for the first time in his life....he weapt.....

Comment

Working...
                                X