Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newegg bent me over :-(

So here's what happened;
    I placed an order for an XFX 6800GT AGP for $294.00 USD (including shipping) around 1:30pm EST. I got the first email confirmation saying my order would be processed soon. Usually the second one that notifies you of charging your account is almost immediate. Well not this time. About an hour late I get an email notifying me that my credit card has been declined. WTF!? I just deposited a paycheck a few days ago and have way more than enough...I haven't even filled up with gas yet! So I go to solve this mystery.

I make sure there is money in my account. All is fine there. So I canceled that order and went to start over again thinking maybe my information got screwed up somehow. I added the card to my cart again and went to checkout. Put in my ZIP code for shipping pricing and as always chose the fed-ex express. Well this time the total came out to $304.00 USD. Now what the crap happened? I only had one beer today. This is really stupid. I went to check their pricing on the card and they raised it! They raised the stupid card $5. Now $5 doesn't exactly kill my budget but come on now. They decline my card just to make an extra $5. What a bunch of *******s. I want that money back because I ordered it when it was cheaper. I was the early bird you homos!

EDIT: Sorry, the card at first was in fact $291.00 USD! Way to screw me over Newegg.
    Last edited by eat@joes; 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM.

Re: Newegg bent me over :-(

Its a website issue, so you should probably call them and tell them what happened and i am sure they will happily give you some kind of award or sell the card to you for the cheaper price. That happened to me when i bought a monitor and they gave me free 2 day shipping. BTW...you always leave stupid commments...for no reason and has no relevance to the threads...its quite annoying.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I really doubt they declined the card just because they were having a price change. Either it was a bug caused by you buying the card just as it increased in price, or you actually typed in the credit card number (or something else) wrong, which would cause the decline.

Comment

Before you assume and go off spouting off, you need to realize cards do not get denied unless there is a reason, wrong number, error in the process, or lack of funds.

Comment

There is no lack of funds. I have my credit information saved on newegg as well so I know everything went in right. Plus the second time around it went through just fine. I'm not spouting off. You would all get pissed off to if that same thing happened. I'm sure they were reviewing my credit as soon as the price was switching over as well. I let them know and knowing newegg I'm sure they'll fix it. I have the original invoice with the first price too saved. Just talk about a whim of bad luck. That sucked.

And about the stupid comments. Oh well. Nothing you can do about it and nothing I feel like changing. I didn't ask to be flamed and I don't give you crap.
          Last edited by eat@joes; 09-19-2005, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Asian, they did the same thing for me. Except luckily I'm really close to the fed-ex sorting facility so I'm pretty much getting overnight shipping. It got shipped out today soon after I notified them and I'll have it tomorrow. For $5, but it's better than the price for overnight. Can't be mad at that. I will still always buy from newegg.

Comment

Newegg always makes right, thats how they have the rep they do.

Comment

Working...
              X