Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so there is hope??
    WhooHoo!!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• there is alwayss hope.. well most of the time.. haha
      never give up.. never surrender

ahhaha

Comment

• hang on.. win95.. never have hope, always surrender.. :D

Comment

• Just because M$ says it's obsolete, doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore:D
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard

3DNow! is intel's mmx instructions. haha. but!, my 900 at home here cranks out more units that my ****ty p4 1.5ghz at work...(didnt we already discuss this?) :D:D
            Well for crying out loud Wiz!!
            Don't you know that everything at your work was provided by the lowest bidder?????
            No wonder it's a P.O.S.!?
            Just pray you never have to go to war with any of that government contracted stuff

Comment

• Holy Buckets!!
              Am I the only one that remembers where this thread is??

Anyhow, Just got the Win98 SE on the highly underpowered laptop very early this am. I got the same error messages as the other times I tried, but was able somehow to work around that hub-bub. (I think that not allowing the OS to load 32 bit drivers for the PCMCIA may have helped some too.)

Anyway, UD is blazing merrily away on that P200mmx with 24Mb's of RAM. Yeah like that's gonna' blaze - it heats up, but it don't blaze:laugh:
              Darn thing has a whopping overall performance rating of 23:eek:
              Crunched for over 9 hours for a whopping 26 points:cry:
              But, that's one work unit you guys won't have to mess with - all done - No that's OK, no thanks necessary really, I was happy to do it

OK folks, heads up, the UD servers are going to be shut down for 4 hours tomorrow (or today depending on your location:D ).
              Based on past experience, 12-14 hours is probably more like it:(
              Followed of course by a few hours of being unable to connect because of the high volume of traffic pounding the server when it comes back online.:hammer:

So you lucky devils with the foresight to use UD Monitor can continue to produce, while the rest of us sit dead in the water if we're caught with a finished WU and no place to send it.
              Hint - Albinus:thumb:

And Albinus, I have a favor to ask
              For some reason on the team homepage at UD, the TT logo isn't showing up. I'm not sure, but maybe that logo doesn't appear on the TT server anymore - or perhaps it was renamed, or a different filepath??
              Anyhow, I would appreciate it if after things normalize on the UD end of things, if you could get the logo to appear properly. It just looks so terribly unproffessional having that little x in there.
              Thanks Al!
              I'd do it myself if I could, but I figure you are the only one probably with access to both TT and the UD team page:?:

Comment

• hehe yeah i STILL do know this thred is here.. just no one really posts much in it hehe... and thanks for crunchin that one for us man.. i dont think we could do it without you ;) ;)

but every little bit counts :) i got UD running on a celeron 366 here .. that is the only purpose of it.. to run UD.. does not even get used for anything else. apart from it uses up the damn power :mad: :mad: hehe but it is all good :eek:

also i will be chasing for 4th place soon :) nearly there.. not too many days to go ... and then 3rd here we come.. (i hope lol) hehe

Comment

• hmmm.. where is this thread? :) sorry Mr C... j/k

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. C
                    And Albinus, I have a favor to ask
                    For some reason on the team homepage at UD, the TT logo isn't showing up. I'm not sure, but maybe that logo doesn't appear on the TT server anymore - or perhaps it was renamed, or a different filepath??
                    Anyhow, I would appreciate it if after things normalize on the UD end of things, if you could get the logo to appear properly. It just looks so terribly unproffessional having that little x in there.
                    Thanks Al!
                    I'd do it myself if I could, but I figure you are the only one probably with access to both TT and the UD team page:?:
                    whats wrong is the pic is lonked to /images/logo.gif, and that must have been deleted or something, so all you have to do is re link it with the new tt logo
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy

whats wrong is the pic is lonked to /images/logo.gif, and that must have been deleted or something, so all you have to do is re link it with the new tt logo

You're right Andy, but unfortunately there is no facility for me to change it once the team has been created :(
                      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

• carnt you just create that file in the same location??

Comment

• Originally posted by Woody
                          carnt you just create that file in the same location??

I could if I had FTP access to the server

Unless some nice person would like to do it for me
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

• Wow!!
                            Signs of life in here- LOL

Easy enough for the Webmaster to put the logo back on the server, if someone can notify him.
                            I'm sure he didn't realize that the team page was using it still.

Was it logo gif, or jpg?

Comment

• not sure weather it was jpg or gif.. but like cannot check at the moment.. stupid homepage still isnt not wokring yet.. damn taking there time updating it lol

Comment

• The file is listed as http://www.tweaktown.com/images/logo.jpg on the UD site, reckon you could put a graphic back on the server at that location --- Mr. Tweak?

Comment

Working...
                                X