• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another one!!!!! :D
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

• Gee Albinus, that one looks evil:eek:

The one I got strikes me as how I probably would have pictured cancer in my mind. Mishapen blob.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• i got the one mr c has atm :)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

• I got the same one that you are working on Mr. C. Hammering away :hammer:
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

• Well the one I am working one (pictured above) is proving to be very consistent in terms of speed - unlike the others which speed up and slow down during processing this molecule seems to be crunching at a sturdy pace :thumb:

Comment

• I don't usually pay attention. I just let the CPU do it's thing.

Comment

• Uh-oh, now I am whooping on this beast.

Comment

• Uh-oh nothing!!
                  You show this mofo protein no mercy JM!
                  I guaran-damn-tee you that it would show you no mercy if the tables were turned.

My little brother hasn't eaten this year because of cancer protiens like the ones we have been crunching!
                  They delivered a hospital bed, bed table, and wheelchair to his house yesterday morning.
                  Cancer is merciless, and not even smart - it destroys the host organism (ie. people, just like you and me) and thereby kills even itself. Be quite nice, if the cancer was the only thing that had to die.

No, running UD isn't going to save my brother, he is starving to death and no one can do anything about it. Yes, I do believe in miracles - but have yet to hear of a regeneration of the entire gastro-intestinal tract.

I truly hope this project will someday lead to treatments/cures that will prevent others from suffering the way he is ATM.

(sorry JM, not picking on you dude --- "uh-oh" just kinda' set me off a bit. Had to get that off my chest for some reason this morning)

/RANT

Keep at it guys - there is a huge community out there that has a lot of faith placed in what we are doing. I will do everything within my power to not let them down.
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• I hear ya, Mr. C., but you are preaching to the choir. My dad died of colon cancer. I ain't quitting til the job is done. Cancer

Comment

• I know your with us JM. I didn't realize just how much!

I wasn't ragging on you -- I just needed to vent. I probably chose the wrong forum, but I guess I just felt comfortable venting here with you guys.

I'm right here with you guys - keeping the faith.

Comment

• Wearing 'em down:

Comment

• Hands up who has actually had cancer:

* me puts hand up

so I'm gonna crunch my arse off because I don't want anyone to go through all the **** I did :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Comment

• Nope, but had 2 people close to me die. That is more than enough for me. :(

Comment

• What's up?
                              UD just doesn't learn:laugh:
                              Every time they introduce new proteins to smack around it takes beaucoup time to run a WU.
                              Then once they realize it, they break them into smaller parts.
                              Now don't get me wrong -- I don't care if it takes weeks, if I get a WU, I'm gonna' do it. But UD always decides it takes to long, you'd think they would figure it out by now:?:

I reckon a lot of folks don't/can't crunch 24and7 so they trim the WU's so a person will most likely get through a percentage in an 8 hour workday or less.

This rascal was at 49% for at least 12 hours. If a person was shutting off their system everyday when they went home from work, it would be impossible to get it done. Due to the way the program saves.

Comment

• lol wtf? X1 digital wondertool??
                                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                                X