• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still impressive - thats a lot of work from your machine
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

• Poor system doesn't get many breaks, I'll tell you that:hammer:
      It's been a good performer for a first-time do-it-yourself on a tight budget.

Tyan makes very stable mobo's, but not the best Sandra scores you'll find.
      But it'll go a couple weeks, and has no problems with power configurations and such.

I dream of someday having a processor with a "G" in the rating:laugh:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• I would like to announce i now hold the #10 spot in the Tweaktown rankings, and moving up quickly!! Moose just got passed baby!! Mr. C, here i come!! :D:D
        [space saving sig]
        AMD 0wn3z j00!
        [/space saving sig]

Comment

• You go Wiz:thumb:
          I'll do my best to keep this position warm until you get here:D
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• Originally posted by aznx
            blah, i needa catch up to Albinus...com'n slow computer:P

SSE2 is better than 3DNow! optimisation :D
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

• haha, sse2 is good on a k7:p, not a p4

fpu is crap

3Dnow! Pro = sse
              hehe..

3Dnow! Pro X = sse2 if that comes out...:D

Comment

• aznx, I believe Albinus is referring to the fact that the UD program is written to achieve optimal performance using SSE2.
                That's the way they coded it - nothing to do with which may or may not be better.

Comment

• I rest my case.........

Everyone is coding for SSE/SSE2, 3DNow! is dead. Why else would AMD license SSE if 3DNow! was so popular :rolleyes:
                  SSE2 = Pentium 4's FPU performance in the stratosphere :D

And yes UD is optimised for SSE2 :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Albinus
                    I rest my case.........

Everyone is coding for SSE/SSE2, 3DNow! is dead. Why else would AMD license SSE if 3DNow! was so popular :rolleyes:
                    SSE2 = Pentium 4's FPU performance in the stratosphere :D

And yes UD is optimised for SSE2 :p
                    3DNow! is intel's mmx instructions. haha. but!, my 900 at home here cranks out more units that my ****ty p4 1.5ghz at work...(didnt we already discuss this?) :D:D
                    [space saving sig]
                    AMD 0wn3z j00!
                    [/space saving sig]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard

3DNow! is intel's mmx instructions.

No way Jose.......... MMX is for the ALU, 3DNow! and SSE/SSE2 are for the FPU

Go read an Intel whitepaper......... :geek:

Comment

• The TweakTown team is now #374 in the UD heirarchy.

I was made aware of a revolting development this weekend, the UD Agent is no longer compatible with Windows95. At this time I have had to abandon any hope of getting a second system crunching.

Unless someone knows how to get an EZ-Book 700 with 200MMX and 24 Mb's of RAM to run Win98 SE?

Comment

• arrrggggg... damn win95 :(

u could try just installing 98 and see if it works .. lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. C
                            Unless someone knows how to get an EZ-Book 700 with 200MMX and 24 Mb's of RAM to run Win98 SE?
                            My friend has an IBM Thinkpad with 24MB, but a Pentium 150MHz CPU. It runs Windows 98SE allright, a bit slow but it runs nonetheless. :)

Why don't you try it and see how it goes :thumb:

Comment

• I gave it about 6 or 7 tries, no dice yet.:cry: :?:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. C
                                The TweakTown team is now #374 in the UD heirarchy.

I was made aware of a revolting development this weekend, the UD Agent is no longer compatible with Windows95. At this time I have had to abandon any hope of getting a second system crunching.

however it will still run under win95 - just gives you a warning message
                                http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                                X