LotR clean sweep at the Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LotR clean sweep at the Oscars

All I can say is... 11 Oscars? Nice effort for a Kiwi. :)

I think that was to be expected, wasn't it? :?:
    not that i have time to pay attention to such things these days...

Comment

I can understand maybe 6-7 out of 11, but all 11 categories they were in? That's a little surprising...

Comment

It ties Ben Hur and Titanic for most ever...

Comment

Well done and rightfully so IMHO:bounce: Go kiwi's:D
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

problem is - it was only the landscape that was Kiwi - no?

Comment

Not if you count over 2/3's of the actual cast, construction of most of the sets/models, all costumes, weapons and armour, prosthetics/robotic special effects, ect. ect.:D

Comment

and more importantly, the director, Peter Jackon, is Kiwi. After watching his earlier attempts (Braindead, Bad Taste), he's made a huge leap forward. :)

Comment

He's definitely made huge strides since "Meet the Feebles",
                  really liked Frighteners though:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                    Not if you count over 2/3's of the actual cast, construction of most of the sets/models, all costumes, weapons and armour, prosthetics/robotic special effects, ect. ect.:D
                    Surely all the extras were locals, but the sets, costumes, weapons, and special effects were all Hollywood. Not that it matters, New Zealand certainly set the tone with it's almost un-earthlike landscapes.

And it doesn't hurt to be telling the best story mankind has ever imagined...

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                      Surely all the extras were locals, but the sets, costumes, weapons, and special effects were all Hollywood.

I am not one to argue with those who choose to remain uninformed on a given issue. So, if you're interested in the facts concerning The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, view any or all of the DVD extras.............especially those on the extended editions of the last two movies.

"I've always lived in New Zealand. I was born there and I make my movies there entirely and so I'm sort of a little bit removed from the Hollywood kind of way of life." Peter Jackson

Comment

Welcome to New Zealand. Get official travel information, maps, itineraries, activities & accommodation to help you plan your next holiday to New Zealand.

His first hurdle was to prove that such an enormous epic could be filmed in this tiny country on the other side of the planet, but this proved to be his easiest task once [b]oversees cast and crew arrived.
                        Wellington is also the home of weta workshop which created the physical special effects for LOTR
                        Ok, so Cast and crew includes the primary actors + actresses, cameramen, makeup artists, sound personnel, sound effects crews, costume designers, storyboarders, editors, acting coaches, digital special effects, and set designers (with the exception of the above quote)

I'm not saying New Zealand'ers didn't help out, I'm just saying they didn't fly into New Zealand and start hiring the crew.

Comment

They made a good job of the movie-dont care about the nationality of the crew extras ect.

Well done peter jackson

Comment

the books are still better :p

:spam:

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                              It ties Ben Hur and Titanic for most ever...
                              Like holywood would let another flim knock off those two...

Originally posted by minibubba
                              the books are still better :p

:spam:
                              Its a pity that Jackson felt that he had to change the books- if I hear one more person go on about 'its exacty the same as the books' without ever reading the books, I will scream.

Still, the whole LOTR thing makes me laugh- George Lucas will be spitting!

Comment

Working...
                              X