No announcement yet.

LotR clean sweep at the Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, If buying these movies on dvd's make sure to get the extended editions.

Comment

:cool:
      Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

As a New Zealander I'm just glad it's all over. The LotR Trilogy has brought an unnecessary amount of attention to a country I'm very proud of, which I personally feel is not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

It will certainly bring you a few billion dollars in tourism spread out over the next 40 years... Not because of LOTR, but because LOTR publicized your landscapes.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
            As a New Zealander I'm just glad it's all over. The LotR Trilogy has brought an unnecessary amount of attention to a country I'm very proud of, which I personally feel is not necessarily a good thing.
            No stronger truth ever spoken as exclusive Pride of one country
            leads to War with other countries. Opens up that whole my dogs bigger than yours thing.
            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

The Matrix = for Thinking people
              LOTR = for Ass, Wanna-be-spoon-fed people

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                ... But aren't the books always better than the movies?
                Here. Here. :cheers:

More :spam:
                :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Soultrape
                  oh please, the LOTR series as an enoumous amount of depth and meaning, much more than is mearly presented on the surface. Maybe you should attempt to read the books. Perpahs you don't 'think' as much as you thought you did :?:

Comment

I was talking about the movie, i have no buisness with the books. I personally did give the books a shot, but found myself ZzzZZing due to the massive amount of details, of a world i don't really fancy...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      NO! It was EXACTLY THE SAME!!
                      :rofl: Thanks! Now I know I don't have to bother reading the books! Having thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy, especially the third one, I don't have to risk ruining my illusion. :laugh:
                      :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Soultrape
                        The Matrix = for Thinking people
                        I got news for you pal, LOTR has 50 times the real world 'thinking' references that the Matrix has. I've read numerous reviews of the matrix where the critic criticized the ignorant portion of audience for thinking there was intellectual commentary where there was none. The best example is "There is no spoon" That means NOTHING to anyone in the real world!

Considering yourself an intellectual for thinking the Matrix is intellectual is tremendously ironic.

You know not, that you know not.

But then again, ignorance is Bliss.

Comment

The Matrix evokes a little thought on the ideas of existance and realism. But it's short lived thought. It's the same as many other future / altered reality based movies, such as Existenz. There's so many subtle ideas and undercurrents in LotR, that most people won't see them (especially from the movie). Read the books, and then get back to us.

Comment

Read the longest Post, if it gets you kick'en, start looking for the long posts mate... haven't read it all, but it explains alot of things i needed to dwell on.

It's deeper than all your mumbo jumbo LOTR

Comment

Read it before. I'm not even gonna bother arguing anymore. :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                                But aren't the books always better than the movies?
                                nooo!!! i like my p0rn movies better than those magazines. oh wait...its not about that. is it? sorry guys...pls carry on.
                                *ducks and leaves the room*
                                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                                Last Updated:
                                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                                ======================
                                jabber : [email protected]
                                =======================
                                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                                yabaa dabaa doo...
                                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                                X