Oh ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nosferatu
    ..., but I will have to let my colleague do most of the work, otherwise he won't be ready to take over by the time I leave.
    I recommend that you not teach your colleague/assistant anything. If they are keeping you around for 5 months so you can train your colleague to take over your job after you have been fired, then you will be showing too much loyalty to a company that does not deserve it. Maybe I do not know all the facts and I am sure good jobs are hard to find, but I recommend finding a job elsewhere as soon as possible. Let them sink or swim on their own merrits without the assistance of someone they are not willing to keep around. Good luck.
    :-(

Comment

I agree with Elrado on this case

plus the last day be all wrecked like spilling u'r coffie over u'r assistant or somthing like that :flames:
      nah just kiddin'

Comment

Ok I just found out I have insurance for legal expenses related to work. The least I can do for my boss is sue their pants off. As it stands now it is 99% certain I will be able to keep my job. So I can screw my boss (No not that way; by quitting) when it suits me. :D

Comment

dont teach him nothing. hes got 5months, if he cant get his act together by then, hes the one that should be let go, i think even your boss will have to agree with that :D
          also, find a job ASAP. dont bother waiting till the end. they gave you nice notice, but its still means youre getting fired.
          If you find a job sooner, your colleague will know even less, so they are more screwed :D
          :2cents:

Seems that instead of cutting people, they should start to be more productive, not fire the people that are productive to replace them with some1 who knows less.
          Seem very odd to me.:shrug:

Comment

Sorry, but I can't see what you can actually sue for...

Comment

unfair dismissal????

Comment

Well I wil get 5 monts pay when I leave and 6 if I sign before the case is presented to some kind of institution who has to declare it is a valid case
                unfair dismissal won't work if you "sign" and "voluntarily" leave the company with a large payout.

look at it this way - they give you 5-6 months paid notice and a large payout.

f*** it.

take the money. hunt for another job. don't put in any overtime. don't work weekends. take all your annual leave. work your hours and no more. get a written recommendation right now.

then just cruise until your next job comes along.

look, either way you are not going to enjoy working there any more. time to accept that and move on. yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow but too bad - it's there. swallow it and move on.

good luck.

Comment

I have only one website to mention...

The ******* Operator From Hell

Comment

The problem is I am extremly loyal. They say that about dogs, but they haven't seen me in action. Off course the most obvious thing to do is get an other job asap. But some of my colleagues have become very dear friends in the last couple of years. And finally my chef (who should have been sacked years ago) goes away. Now I have the opportunity to show them exactly what my true potential is. I think a lot depends on the next meeting with the director. If they really want to sack me because I have been ill so often in the last year, I'm willing to go, but then they would have to give me a ****load of money.
                    At this point I am willing to go to court to keep my job, but that can chang off course.
                    It's really a case of mind versus heart. :shrug:

Comment

oh I hear where you're coming from m8, really I do and I sympathise and empathise - I have soooo been there - but truly honestly, as soon as more colleagues leave it wont feel like "home" anymore and just a place to earn a buck or two.

If you truly do have "potential" show it by moving on and taking your skills to a company that truly appreciates you. Be loyal to yourself first. You are the only one that will look after you. The company quite frankly doesnt give a ****.

These guys do not appreciate you.

They want to sack you.

Remind me again why you are loyal to them?

(ps I quit my last job giving 8 (yes 8 - count them) months notice because I felt loyal and the ****ers truly screwed me over when I left - I should have just given them my required one single month - it wouldnt have changed a thing).

Comment

Well my loyalty is mostly towards my colleagues instead of the company/boss. Like if my boss wants me to work overtime he can foget it (unless he pays me offcourse) But if a (good)colleague ask me to do something after 5 I'll do it.
                        Anyone with any brain left would advise to leave. But somehow I can't get my brain to accept that option. Too bad you can't do a reformat on a brain. Perhaps some more would clear my mind. mm I guess not

Comment

What I'd do is

1. Start looking for the Ideal Job - you've got six months or so

2. Show your bosses what you can do, they might change their minds

If you've made a lot of friends they'll continue to be your friend even if your working somewhere else.

I wouldn't go to court unless I had too, that kind of stuff tends to follow you around
                          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Nos - having moved 6 months ago - I have just had my first annual appraisal and the new company love me & will give me a pay rise :thumb: - there is hope and life after moving on, I promise ;)

Comment

Off course you are all right. I am looking for jobs. BUT, if I stay I will become head of my own department since my chef gets kicked as well. But I can't decide what to do before they give me the reason for laying me off (in writing off course). I am really curious what BS reason they can come up with. I've gathered a whole can of whoop ass in the last year, just in case something like this would happen :hammer:

Comment

Just to close this deal. I WON!!!! :twisted:
                                They called the whole thing off on the last day before it was going to court.
                                Perhaps it also had something to do with the fact that the management of the company initiated a save-Brian's-job-campaign :D
                                So I didn't get a great bag of money, but I did get to keep my job.
                                Wooot for me

Comment

Working...
                                X