Oh ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh ****

The company I work at is going to cut 20 jobs. And I am invited for a meeting with the director tomorrow. Does someone have any idea what they have to tell me? :cry:

1st they'll you, then :snip: and when done you'll be :cry:

: omg:

Comment

hey Nosferatu might be time to hit the coffin for ur nap
      :flames:
      Eye See You..........

Comment

Well, if there's 19 other people going to the meeting.. then something is up. :)

Comment

Maybe it's about your Christmas de-bonus, and he just wants to tell ya you're the Turkey this year:eek:
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Only 7 hours to go. The suspense is killing me:steam:
            Perhaps I need some

Comment

Yeah, that'll work, get good and drunk and than at least ya won't
              regret telling him to

Comment

Man still 2 1/2 hours to go and I can't eat or concentrate anymore. This gives an entirely new meaning to the word nervous.

Comment

Hurry back from work and post already Nosferatu, the
                  suspense is Killin' :snip: me:eek: :wow:

Comment

how did i miss this? good luck man, they don't know what they will be missing if they dump you.

Comment

Ok it's official. From March 1st 2004 I will be unemployed. Well that's what the managers think anyway.
                      I've been working there for 5 years and practicly created the function I am in. Since 10 months I have a colleague, because it was too much work for 1 person. And now I get kicked out. I don't think they have a very strong case against me. But I am not sure if I even want to fight this. I don't like companies who show no loyalty to their employees who helped builld the company. But then again; it would be very cool to see a judge rule against them in court:D First I'll try to get some sleep, probably things will look better in the morning. Good night all.
                      PS don't trust your boss. There is a good change he is a **** of *** ******* just like mine

Comment

What i would reconmend is that you get a letter of recomendation asap. While they still feel bad about letting you go.

Comment

Two words for ya.. Post-employment sabotage. :)

Comment

Nosferatu,

That sucks!!!

Are they going to actually make you work these last few months or did they offer to buy you out?

I would take a lump sum payment and say SEE YA!.

It will give you time to look for work before the money runs out.

Most places don't want RIF'd employees hanging around as it almost always leads to bad feelings.

Any chance they will reconsider the work force reduction?

Best of Luck!!!

Comment

Well I wil get 5 monts pay when I leave and 6 if I sign before the case is presented to some kind of institution who has to declare it is a valid case. I think I will try to see if there is anymore money to get, and start looking for a new job. When such a large portion of the turnover is cut out, I don't expect to get a large increase in pay for the next couple of years.
                              But they do expect me to work for the next few months, but I will have to let my colleague do most of the work, otherwise he won't be ready to take over by the time I leave.
                              Wouldn't it be great if they have to ask me to come back after a few months because my colleague can't hack it ? :D He is ok, but just isn't flexible enough. So I leave; get mucho $, get a new job, they ask me back which means more $=FX-54 here I come
                              But there are some colleagues who I will miss tremendously.
                              Ah well we will see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X