NV35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weta

Andrew Vorobyew, our video section editor, answering these forum questions related to screen flickering of NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900-based cards, informed that it seemed the reason of 2D flickering during scrolling of large and picture-rich texts was the 2D clock speed not reduced but set to the 3D nominal. The same flickering occurs in a number of menus or intermediate screens between tests (i.e. in 3DMark03).

This problem was examined on 4 different graphics cards with different drivers. FX5800 doesn't produce such artefacts, but one of the old 5900 Ultra cards on different PCB caused the flickering as well.

Andrew believes the flickering is caused by a hardware GPU bug or PCB circuitry (repeated in the new design) that produces crosstalk and/or raises 2D clock.

Hi,

I think it looks like the new version ati 9900 pro to improve the
    9800 pro.

Digit-Life

Comment

• [email protected].

NV News

Comment

• Here's a picture of Gainward's new FX 5900 SE (Value) video card.

Comment

• Here's a picture of Leadtek's GeForce FX 5900 (Value) card.

Comment

• Looks like mine...but mines not the weak version...

Mine was the $350-380 one with ViVo...

Runs as fast as the Ultra...showed by my 3DMark03 score...:flames:

Comment

• Asus V9950SE (GeForce FX 5900 Value)

Nvidia GeForce FX 5900SE GPU
              Core/memory 400/700MHz
              128MB DDR memory (2.8ns)
              400MHz RAMDAC
              VGA, DVI and television out

Comment

• Here's a picture of Sparkle's GeForce FX 5900 SE (Value) graphics card

Comment

• I so love ASUS. Everything they do looks cool.

Chaos

omg, are you BLIND? i love asus, but there about as BLAND and BOREING as a company can get with products, unless ofcourse you just LOVE green PCB...

It's rumoured that Nvidia intends to up the speeds on its FX5900 GPUs to 450MHz for the standard, and 500MHz
                  well i guess that roumor was wrong...

Comment

• ZEROKOOL: Nvidia is now releasing the NV38 instead, in response to ATI's soon to be announced R360. Whilst figures aren't available yet, the NV38 is believed to be around (500-550MHz) core, and (1000MHz) memory. The highly anticipated NV40 PCI-Express/AGP8X card won't be available until next year.

Comment

• hehe.......showin' ati a carrot,........... let them bite, ...........then the el kabong :hammer:

Comment

• Nvidia was made aware of an issue involving the GeForce FX 5900 series of graphics cards where some users have reported a slight "flickering" of the image on their screen, visible on a light color background in certain 3D scenes.

In examining the information available, Nvidia has determined that the issue may involve an interaction between select combinations of the graphics card, system, monitor, other electronic components and the application which creates noise or signal interference.

If you are experiencing this issue on a GeForce FX 5900 or GeForce FX 5900 Ultra card, you can download this driver fix.

If you experience any other issues - please email us at [email protected].

Download Fix Windows XP

Bjorn3D

Comment

• Gainward CoolFX PowerPack! Ultra/1600 XP "Golden Sample"Conclusion
                          So what do I give it for an award. Well it definitely gets the MODFATHER AWARD as the potential of this card is so much more than just a card. This can be the starting block of a compete watercooled system, if you wish or just a stunning contribution to your whole system. As to its main rating that is so much harder as this is just so much more than just a graphics card. Without the watercooling it is one hell of a product, with, it is truly something special. This card has created a class of its own and there is in reality nothing to compare it to. Therefore with some reluctance I will give it a GOLD AWARD, the reluctance is purely because this is as high as our awards go and this card really should be on a pedestal of its own.

The Modfathers

Read the full review

Comment

• XFX Personal Cinema FX 5900

This should interest quite a few people, XFX is displaying a Personal Cinema Edition of Nvidia's GeForce FX 5900 at Computex 2003.

Comment

• Nvidia's new graphics card partner

GigaByte used Computex 2003 to show off its new GeForce FX 5900 card.

Comment

• <center>DirectX 9.1 and GeForce FX cards update</center>

French website PC Inpact claims that DirectX9.1 opens up a new bag of tricks in favour for Nvidia's GeForce FX. As you know Shader 2.0 performance on DX9 has been the achilles heel of the GFX series bigtime. The site figures that Shader performance can get boosted upto 60% in favour of the GeForce FX series. Read that again, upto 60% better Shader performance, not overall performance !

guru of 3D

From a major news source, Microsoft is, with the assistance of Nvidia, about to release a new version of the great and essential DirectX 9. And it will be Direct X 9.1. What's so amazing about this? Well, this new DX will favour Nvidia's CPU's, especially regarding the pixels shaders 2.0. When accompanied by a regular update, the expected performances would be with the height of the unconditional hopes of the Californian company. The performances in DX9 (for example HL2) would then be similar to those of the competition in terms of quality and especially in terms of speed. And all in precision mode of 32 bit in the PS 2.0.

Maybe a better management of the instructions of the PS 2.0 (improvement management of the streaming instructions ). To quantify, that could go to 60% of profit. A percentage that seems confusing and amazing but that we can't verify before it is released. All that we can say is if that is going to occur exactly as announced, it will be an enormous relief for all the purchasers of GeForce FX cards.

PC Inpact

Comment

Working...
                                X