Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I replace my G4 fan? (Warning: Gone Feral)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it wouldn't hurt for ya to take some advice from others here like NegoMike as he is doing what you seem not too.......using the
    Hmm I think you have confused me....
    Why do you think that I am here? I do my research. But I guess that I didnt research well enough. I used the information from heatsinkdatabase for instructions on how to properly install a heat sink. I did it correctly, I just damaged the card some how in the handleing of it. Prob like what rack says. I have contacted MSI and am expecting a RMA number because there are no local retailer in my area that sell msi off the shelf. I talked to a retailer of MSI and he said that MSI usually wont inspect your card too closely so if I clean it up and put the old stuff on it, I should be getting a new card in about 2 weeks, if not they will just send the broke one back and Ill try my switch technique some other place.

I do apreciate your help and advice, but I feel like im being made fun of because I am a newb and im trying to learn as I go. When I was doing this project I had the mind set that I knew exactly what I was doing.
    my view on the two party system...

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZeAliOuS
      [B]Hmm I think you have confused me....
      Why do you think that I am here? I do my research. But I guess that I didnt research well enough.

Yo, Zealious, chill man, no need to get your back up.......we/i were not trying to have a laugh at your expense......i have no more than 2 months here at TT myself. And i can't speak for others, but, i believe most post questions here for a reality
      check on their ideas, if they are dealing with fairly virgin topics/hands on experience in a specific category.

I too research inspite of/because of my 20+ years exp. "Knowledge is power" but no amount of reading can substitute for doing.........so's ya pay your money and takes your
      chances; however the better prepared one is the fewer chances
      one takes.

You seem to admit in the above quote that you may just have been too impatient.......lol......aren't we all at 1 time or another.

:D : peace2: :cheers:
      Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Comment

Dang! Dryadsoul not only beat me to it, he also covered everything in only three paragraphs.

Comment

Yeahh, and that's a plus for me...lol..as being sententious
            just never seems to be in an Irishmans forte....... : peace2:
            especially when it took les than 5min. & i spell check after posting as review post button not always user freindly. But, have learned not to add smileys next to punctuation.

yo, Nego have ya checked your PM's lately? :confused:

Comment

Hey, Malabooboo, you out there?

Back on Topic.....lol.......if anyone is worried about
              Electro Static Discharge on Video cards;

1.) DO Not hadle them by PCI/PGA connecting pins, and
              don't set them on cellophaned wrapped box's.

2.)Never use magnetic tools/set them close to audio speakers....
              same as monitors.

3.)Cover work area to be used with some kind of soft/safe
              material:foam/sponge pads that come with mobo's......myself,
              i use that rubbery webbed type shelf liner from 99cent store.

4.)Be carefull when removing fan header plug, as some of cards
              caps are not re-solderable and must be super glued back on with
              intense focus of detail.

5.)Have at least 1-2 extra vid cards on standby...lol.....too bypass
              human stupidity/Bad luck factor.

6.)Save your sanity and pay worthwhile Tech to perform those
              mods/upgrades your not sure of/comfortable with.

Suppose we should start New thread: Video Cards 101/?PC mods for those without a clue :eek: :confused: : peace2:

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                Suppose we should start New thread: Video Cards 101/?PC mods for those without a clue :eek: :confused: : peace2:
                Damn we're gettin' far too many of them now so don't attrack anymore. :(
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

HEY?!?!
                  More crakin on the cluless ehh?
                  Alright Nego and Dyrad,
                  I get what you are saying, sorry if I sounded short tempered, its just that I have researched many other sites and stuff. I thought the point of this forum is for those who know what they are doing to help those with out a clue. Maybe one day I myself will be telling some nub the best way NOT to mess up their equipment.
                  In short, I apreciate the help.
                  Besides, there is no such thing as a stupid question anyway right?
                  my view on the two party system...

Comment

That's cool m8 it's just that this place is unlike any other forums around the world that I know of and most of us are certifiablely 's but usually once a thread has reach a conclussion around here it either dies or goes off topic (choice usually up to the author). But if someone else wants to use the same thread then that's fine but we sometimes like to keep yourselves occupied while waitin' for the next question. :devil win

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul[/i]
                      [b]yo, Nego have ya checked your PM's lately? :confused: [/quote]

Just checked PM thanks to your posts. Most greatly sorrows exceptional apologies forth sent. E-mail and pop-up notification for PMs is now on.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ZeAliOuS
                      I thought the point of this forum is for those who know what they are doing to help those with out a clue.
                      thorough browsing or thorough google searches. In that case then post something like,

I've been searching everywhere for information about x but have had no luck finding anything. Could someone pleased tell me how or where I might find information about x.

But it's best to have read anything you can find even related to the subject because it is blatantly obvious for people who know about this stuff when someone hasn't done much research. And it is also a bit unfair to ask others to do your work for you.

Edit: Dang it Wiggo! Ya need to wait for my first edit at least before you can make fun of me. :p
                      Hopefully this is now readable. :D

Comment

has second read....third read.... :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                          That's cool m8 it's just that this place is unlike any other forums around the world that sometimes like to keep ourselves occupied while waitin' for the next question. :devil win
                          Mr.Wiggo, my appology's for that prefix, but could you/would you consider calling this thread as case Frick'n closed.....or is that
                          once again Mr> Malabooboo's call :eek: :confused: :rolleyes2 :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Well I did edit the name of this thread several hours ago. :D

Comment

Mr. Alious? whatever, sorry for your feelings seeming to be stepped on...........and congrats on choice of words, i.e.: crakin, as my true last name is McCracken.........no hard feelings i would hoppe.......... as Wiggo pointed out most here have
                              past/present history of being slightly,if not totally being :afro: :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                                Well I did edit the name of this thread several hours ago. :D

inoWannabdrunkatm

been heisting few too many belated B-D shotz with out of town
                                Bro's from Chicago & L.A. as well as regular down under/downunder folks.........so.......good ta know ya changed da
                                TREAD.....intentionally misspelled..........name:hammer: :shoot2: :wave:

Comment

Working...
                                X