Overclocking my ge force 4 mx460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking my ge force 4 mx460

help.....i need help overclockin my nvidia ge force 4 mx 460.i know its a budget card and the cooling isn't brilliant but i'd like to know how to improve performance.i have a 2ghz pentium4 and 256 mg's of ram.but whenever i overclock my ge force 4 performance on unreal tournament 2003 always deteriorates. 3d mark 2001se shows improved results but i got lot of missing pixels whenever i play unreal tournament and always end up reseting to factory settings.

Are you OC'ing the core, the memory or both? - and by how much?

the mx460 is the highest clocked version of the mx family - and logically the highest clocked versions offer the least amount of OC'ing headroom
    Some better cooling on your core and ram chips might help you out - or it just may be that your card is already as high as it will go without some degree of instability

if every GF4MX460 could be OC'd by 50MHz - they'd clock 'em that high from the factory

Comment

thanx for the info. So i'm probably just best putting some extra ram in for improved performance.or is there a trick that will help to gett better performance i've dun everythin in the guide but it didn't help that much

Comment

What would probably help you the most is a video card with hardware DX8 support - like a Radeon 9000 or better, or a GF4 Ti series

Comment

yeah i don't really want to swop my card it runs unreal tournament 2003 perfectly with medium to high detail with 16 players.i've looked into the cards with direct x 8 supports but i can't see the advantages.

Comment

if you're happy with how it's running - then there's no need to upgrade:thumb:

Comment

thanx for tryin to help.and i think i might try upgradin to the 9700 pro. it sounds bloody brilliant

Comment

Don't know why this was in the Playstation section, but it's moved now.

UT has known issues when running with overclocked components. A lot of people have had trouble trying to play when they either overclock their CPU or their video card. There's nothing that you can actually do about it, as far as I know... Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on it for you.

Comment

You really need to step up to a video card with more grunt and DX8.1 support. :devil win
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The GeForce4-MX460 is definately the best of the MX series but lacks pixel and vertex shaders. There are some things you shouldn't skimp on if you're a serious gamer and one of them is the videocard and the other being the monitor (nothing less than 21"'s should be acceptable).:smokin:

Comment

Working...
                    X