No announcement yet.

This may help those worried about vid card compatibilities w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GeForce FX specs state that it requires "An AGP compliant motherboard with an AGP 2.0 slot" Is AGP 2.0 the same thing as 2x? If not, how do you know if your agp slot is 2.0 or not? I checked abit's website for the specs on my motherboard... (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kx7333/) and it says nothing of "agp 2.0" only agp 2x and agp 4x compatibility

Comment

Hi enhancedstudios?, welcome and enjoy ure stay!!

300WATT APPROVED POWER SUPPLY IN T3007 TASK INTERNATIONAL.
      ABIT KG7 RAID
      CRUCIAL 184PIN 512MB DDR ECC CAS2.5 2100 REGISTERED
      ASUS V8460 ULTRA DELUXE VIDEO CARD
      RELYSIS TL-570 15 INCHE TFT RGB INPUT
      AUDIGY 2 INTERNAL SOUNDCARD
      A4 TECH WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MICE
      LITEON 16X DVD ROM
      LITEON CD-RW 40X12X48
      AMD 2100+ CPU WITH THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 7
      WESTERN DIGITAL 12OGB 7200 RPM CAVIAR SPECIAL EDITION WITH 8MB CACHE
      3 80MM YS TECH CASE FANS.

I have 3 question for you regarding your hard disk and memory, then i will tell why such interest

1. Do you have the exact hard disk as I?
      2. Do you have any problems running certain games like Battlefield 1942?
      3. Does your 512 micron run a stable 133 bus for the processor?

as you can see my setup above, I have a BIG SLOWDOWN when runing Battlefield 1942, i've tried troubleshooting in gME SETTINGS, UPGRADING PATCHES, very latest 3d card drivers 41.09 and directx 9. no other game i have is this intensive really, but i am wondering , it might be because im running on ATA 66 HArd DIsk Cable. my concern was that of windows protection faults when trying to run the processor at its 133 settings. I have latest mobo BIOS v. 8s. well just thought i'd ask you the questions an let u know my problem, i already have been given some great tips from Morgan_Lander and Darthtanion. See ya soon

:o :D

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
        enhancedstudios[/size]]
        The GeForce FX specs state that it requires "An AGP compliant motherboard with an AGP 2.0 slot" Is AGP 2.0 the same thing as 2x? If not, how do you know if your agp slot is 2.0 or not? I checked abit's website for the specs on my motherboard... (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kx7333/) and it says nothing of "agp 2.0" only agp 2x and agp 4x compatibility
        Basically AGP ver. 1.0 is 1x and 2x AGP rates and AGP ver. 2.0 is 2x and 4x AGP rates (some early versions of both these had probs copin' with the higher rate though). AGP ver. 3.0 is 2x, 4x and 8x capable but whether support is carried for 2x is up to the manufacturer themselves (and really isn't needed anymore anyway).
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have a querie. on the carousel test in 3dmark 2002 se(trial) my PC freezes(after nature test), in corner of tft screen half way through some tests i get watery overlapping display look.. its hard to explain. then when i auto adjust display its fine again. in 2d tests in Decris XMark.NET 2002 it freezes. My asus smartdoctor doesn't seem to work properly. Just as i install it it says _delis caused an error in program. It only appears for 3 seconds. It says.. "Your VGA card voltage 3.3v is out of safe bound.
          "Motherboard doesn't supply with reliable 3.3 voltage.
          "Please contact with motherboard manufacturer for help"
          IS THIS UNSAFE, I DON@T KNOW WHAT TO DO?

Comment

Comment

The book is RIGHT... Soyo tech support are WRONG. Go ahead, pop in a 3.3v agp card in your agp slot, give the board juice, power 'er up and watch the blue sparks at the rear of the agp slot :) It's a very fun show that (on this older gf2 i use now for just testing heh) requires a physical mod of the card to get to work again (bypassing some burnt out leads).. and the mobo is toast. Try it at your own risk, but your manual is right.

Comment

thnx

Comment

Hey Wiggo,

Do you have a link to that web site that lists wattages of various video cards? I can remember a site like that, and I think I have it bookmarked, but I cannot seem to find it.

Here is what I'm considering for an uncle... He has a Compaq from roughly 99,

P3 500,
                  AGP 2X (with ATI Rage 8 mb - not GL capable)
                  128 MB
                  165 Watt PSU (big for the time)

those are the original specs, and I have already installed a 40 GB seagate, 384 MB, and I've done a fresh install of 98se. The icing on the cake would be a GF2 MX-ish range vid card, but I am trying to determine a low wattage vid card, because we all know compaqs are as fragile as 125 year old women.

BTW: do not attempt this at home, compaqs are CRAP, and they do not obey ANY standards of PC construction... everything is upside down, backwards, and horribly designed.

Sorry this is way off the thread topic, but I didn't figure this was worth its own thread... all I really need is that website, if it exists. Comments are appreciated as well... :)

Comment

I have Soyo Dragon Ultra Whatnot KT400. I have radeon 9700 pro it works dandy. what was the question again?

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      zeradul[/size]]
                      Hey Wiggo,

Do you have a link to that web site that lists wattages of various video cards? I can remember a site like that, and I think I have it bookmarked, but I cannot seem to find it.

Here is what I'm considering for an uncle... He has a Compaq from roughly 99,

P3 500,
                      AGP 2X (with ATI Rage 8 mb - not GL capable)
                      128 MB
                      165 Watt PSU (big for the time)

those are the original specs, and I have already installed a 40 GB seagate, 384 MB, and I've done a fresh install of 98se. The icing on the cake would be a GF2 MX-ish range vid card, but I am trying to determine a low wattage vid card, because we all know compaqs are as fragile as 125 year old women.

BTW: do not attempt this at home, compaqs are CRAP, and they do not obey ANY standards of PC construction... everything is upside down, backwards, and horribly designed.

Sorry this is way off the thread topic, but I didn't figure this was worth its own thread... all I really need is that website, if it exists. Comments are appreciated as well... :)
                      The only wattage lists that I can remember are for CPU's only but I do have an old PII 400 that is quite happy with it's Xpert Vision 64MB GF2 MX400 but it does have a 200W PSU.

BTW there are worse things than Compaqs out there.

Comment

ye just stick it in will all work

Comment

Hmnmmm, well I'm not sure if this effects me in any way but just to make sure since I skimmed through the sites and still unsure whats happening, I have one question.
                          I just bought a ATi Radeon 9800PRO which is arriving in the mail in a weeks time, my motherboard is AGP 4x, if I'm correct it's 1.5v will I encoutner problems using the AGP 8x card on a 4x mobo port?
                          Thanks.

Comment

no because the graphics card will only set its slef 2 running @ 4x. this is so u wont encounter probs, also im usin an 8x card in 4x main board an no probs as yet,

alan

Comment

Pheeeew, thank god for that then. *sigh of relief*
                              Didn't want to get the Radeon and it not work on my setup.

Comment

As always.......thx....good read.

Comment

Working...
                                X