No announcement yet.

This may help those worried about vid card compatibilities w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 4x mobo and a nvidia geforce mx440 8x graphics card. it works fine I think, but I just noticed in "display" that it is set to PCI mode. Well it is plugged into an AGP slot so what gives?
    any clues may be helpful.

Thanks

Strat..

Comment

Flash to the latest BIOS then install your chipset drivers, then install all windows updates then get the latest display drivers in that order and if it still doesn't work, shoot it.

Comment

Updated everything I can think of. Seems to only be on this hard drive since I installed Win98se, on my other HD my OS is Winxp pro and it's shows the correct setting.
        I only have 256mb pc100 sdram on my system and read somewhere on these forums that 98 was posibly the best games OS because of it's minimal ram requirements.

Should I post this in another thread.
        Here is my dxdiag, just done all tests but for some reason the direct3D failed.
        Thanks again

Strat..

Ohhh, and can I borrow a gun.

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I'm about to assemble my first system in a few weeks. But I'm worried about my motherboard and video card not getting along.

I'm getting this motherboard: (follow link, its the first one)

and I'm ordering a Gainward Geforce fx 5900 NON-ultra (hey its cheap now) ...and considering how large and bulky it is.. I'm wondering if the card will be compatible with the motherboard....especially since I have an Antec Sonata case (compact mid-ATX case).

oh yeah: the VGA specs are here: http://www.gainward.com/c-1.html?id=129

@ Any gurus present, please help. :wave:

Comment

AAJ ya can't have any probs with those are they're both reasonable new and both support 8x AGP.

Comment

hi i was wondering what is so special about agp 8x. will it help the framerate and overclocking abilities of a graphics card?

i was jsut wondering because i am getting poor overclocking results with ati radeon 9600pro. my current settings are only 489 core clock, and 330 memory, and i am already getting some visual corruption.

My comp has agp 4x and is 2.4 ghgz pentium 4.

Comment

Working...
              X