Will driver updates help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will driver updates help?

I have crapola performance on OpenGL 3D tools, specifically NoLimits. I tried the demo and it is horribly laggy even at all the candy set to low, but that is strange since I blow through the minimum requirements.

A little searching, and I found out that Windows Vista has crappy performance on OpenGL, so will driver updates help? Will ANYTHING help?

P.S: Here's my Specs:

Acer Aspire 3050-1092

CPU: AMD Semperon 1.8GHz
    GFX: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
    RAM: 1GB

Thanks!

Re: Will driver updates help?

yes new vista drivers make a hugh difference - by default the opengl support is woefull in all MS drivers (not just vista)
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Aguiluz View Post
      I have crapola performance on OpenGL 3D tools, specifically NoLimits. I tried the demo and it is horribly laggy even at all the candy set to low, but that is strange since I blow through the minimum requirements.

A little searching, and I found out that Windows Vista has crappy performance on OpenGL, so will driver updates help? Will ANYTHING help?

P.S: Here's my Specs:

Acer Aspire 3050-1092

CPU: AMD Semperon 1.8GHz
      GFX: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
      RAM: 1GB

Thanks!
      I'm not surprised and you deserve all the headaches you get with Vista on that lappy.

Comment

Okay, I updated my drivers and ramped up the RAM to 1.5 GB. I'm rocking the program at a solid 60 FPS.

Comment

Working...
        X