BF2 and the ATI X700 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 and the ATI X700 Pro

Hello everyone. I am having issues with BF2. Looking for support and ran across your forum. I am running a ATI X700 Pro, 1G of DDR ram on Dual channel motherboard and AMD 64 3500+. Sound is realtec on board. I have searched far and wide, even EA tech support could not help. This game installs perfectly, even tried different copy of the game. The issue is that when I load a map it always kicks me back to the desktop at 46% everytime!! My ATI drivers are updated, not used to having on board sound, so im not sure if thats an issue. If anyone else out their has had a similar issue or any suggestions let me know. There is never any error, it just kicks me right back to the desktop each time.

thanks!

Re: BF2 and the ATI X700 Pro

I've had a similar problem with BF:V. I would be playing, or in your case loading a map, and the game would crash back to the desktop. It only did it on a certain computer though. It wasn't the graphics card either. I'm pretty sure it was my ram. I had some pretty cheap "value" ram, running 1 gig dual channel. I never did find out but when I replaced the motherboard, cpu, and ram I never had that problem again. So with my experiences, I would say the game is crashing due to a hardware fault. Try switching out your parts with some other ones one at a time, if you have extras. Use friends if possible.

I'm still almost 100% sure it was my cheap ram.

Comment

I had an ATI X700 Pro in one of my systems and never had a problem with BF2. It sounds more like youre problem lies elsewhere to me.

Comment

The problem is the ram, i had the same problem and my specs are [email protected] p4c, 2x512 corsair 3200ll, geforce 6800 etc. When i had it at 3.6, bf2 would crash to the desktop or just freeze up then crash to the desktop. I fixed mine by going back to 3.5 but i dont kno how to fix yours.
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Sounds like an OS and/or RAM problem to me, try some other RAM if you have any or borrow from a friend for a day if possable.

Comment

I have a similar setup as Nickal's (AMD 3500, 1 gig of RAM, ATI x700 video card, ECS KN1 Lite [I know, I know, ECS is usually bad--and still might be], Powmax 400 Watt powersupply--12v@25a), but I'm not getting dumped to the desktop, my machine just freezes. I can usually play for about 30-45 minutes, then ZOT! My only option is to hit the infamous reset button. Doesn't happen in "Brothers In Arms" or "Star Wars Battlefront", just BF2. I can sometimes even successfully log out of BF2 and get to the desktop before The Big Freeze occurs.

I'm leaning towards a heat issue with the video card or funky RAM. Thought it might be my Creative Labs 24bit external soundcard (I've been reading the nForce chipsets are kind of flaky with USB, but I haven't been able to confirm it), but I can disconnect it and uninstall the drivers for it and still have the same thing happen.

All of my drivers are up to date (including the nForce stuff).

I have a spare hard drive and will reinstall everything fresh this weekend to make sure I didn't do something stupid while setting everything up. I guess it wouldn't frustrate me so much if it happened during other games, but it's just BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by ladmo70
              I have a similar setup as Nickal's (AMD 3500, 1 gig of RAM, ATI x700 video card, ECS KN1 Lite [I know, I know, ECS is usually bad--and still might be]
              ECS is one of the most reliable board producers out there. It's right up there with Intel and Foxconn. Until recently there weren't many good ECS offerings for the enthusiast, but the brand itself was fine.
              Originally posted by ladmo70
              Powmax 400 Watt
              Here's your problem. That's not a sufficient power supply nor a very good brand.

Comment

x700,s dont run bf2 above 1024x768 settings floored not matter what pc specs u have surrounding that low level card.bf2 commands x1600xt-x1900xtx,6800gt-7900gtx cards.2 gigs ram minmum , x700 is good for quake4 low settings,bf2 low settings.or quake3 hi settings..kid down the street had 1...sad card,even lent him my 4 gigs ocz platium ram 1 day to test.i told him why do u think the card is so cheap?,yet u except so much?...needless to say he now runs a 6800ultra at 1280x760 floored and happy.

btw dude a x700 is a 9700 core and tweaked out\gpu\mem\in a pci ex interface

im really shocked ppl dont know these facts before there buying these low end cards??????????? shame

comp specs-----railmeats box =0

amd 64 3700(san diego) swiftech helicoil hetsink

dfi ultra d sli mobo

4 gigs ocz platium 3200 at 1:1 cas 2-3-2-7(t2)

(2) 36 gig western digital 10k raptors in raid 0

xfi extremusic

ocz powerstream 520 p\s

bfg 7900gtx512 cant wait to sli em =0 3dmark05 5,120 3dmark06 10,240

plextor 52x32x52 cdrw

klipsch ultra speakers

logitech mx-500

sennheiser hd 570,s

22inch mitsubishi diamd plus 200 crt flat(runs bf2 at 1800x1440 @75hz,16x aa,8x af,supersampling enabled screaming 85 fps like pure butter)

Last edited by bf2nut; 03-19-2006, 03:59 AM.
                Stacker830 Watercooled
                windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
                Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
                8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
                Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
                13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
                (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
                biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
                xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
                sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
                co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
                Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
                Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
                X