X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFG Tech 6200 OC 256MB DDR AGP

Originally posted by relic2279
    Really? Wow.

So for instance, the people who can't play BF2 with thier cheapo 5700, and others having no issues with a 5500 with 256mb ram means nothing? In my opinion, I'd rather have the 5500. I'm arguing longevity, not performace. If your on a low budget, thats what counts.
    A 5500 can't play BF:2 at all... It's below minimum requirements. While a 5700 will play it fine. It won't run with very high settings, but it will run.

Comment

I haven't experince BF2 yet, and yet have i owned a 5500...for obvious reasons. Had a 5700, but can't really say anything about it compared to a 5500..cause yet i did not own one. I think yawg pretty much got my arguement covered with his comment.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Oh, so that's how you can run it at high. I like my smooth edges, so I prefer keeping the settings lower and turning on the aa. I ran at 1024x768. I'm not running the latest drivers because I heard they had some rendering issues with textures in bf2. Sound is on high btw (hardware). Does the sound quality decrease performance at all if you have a sound card? My fps can be high when I'm playing the Songhua map, but when I go play Zatar Wetlands where there are around 16 players in the center base my fps goes to ****.
        Last edited by Eaglee; 06-27-2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Use the latest drivers. They work fine for me.

Try it without AA and with higher settings. The higher settings improve quality a lot more, AA is just for when you can handle more but not a full resolution bump.

The CPU overhead does increase with improved sound quality, even if you have a nice sound card, but I wouldn't worry about it. Your GPU is the limitation so you should probably be able to have the added overhead without noticing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
            Use the latest drivers. They work fine for me.

Try it without AA and with higher settings. The higher settings improve quality a lot more, AA is just for when you can handle more but not a full resolution bump.

The CPU overhead does increase with improved sound quality, even if you have a nice sound card, but I wouldn't worry about it. Your GPU is the limitation so you should probably be able to have the added overhead without noticing it.
            Well I tried the 5-6 drivers and I must say, it looks like a piece of **** to me. With aa/af at 4x, it didn't even look like I had aa or af on at all. Jaggies everywhere. Jaggie here, jaggie there, jaggie shadows, jaggie wires, jaggie everything. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I uninstalled the previous drivers with the ati unisntall utility, then used driver cleaner. All the settings are the same and it looks like total crap.

Comment

Did you check the setting? The game can revert all the settings to the default, sometimes for little or no reason.

Looks fine to me with the 5.6s.

Comment

Did you check the setting? The game can revert all the settings to the default, sometimes for little or no reason.

Looks fine to me with the 5.6s.
                Yes, I checked the settings. Still getting jaggies. For some reason I get this with every driver after around the 4-5 drivers, which is why I stuck with the old drivers. However I get this in different games for each driver release.

Comment

That's screwed up. I guess you could try the Omegas... They're a couple releases behind, but 5.4 isn't too bad, even for BF2.

Comment

What resolution? Higher resolution is better than lower resolution with AA/AF on.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
                      What resolution? Higher resolution is better than lower resolution with AA/AF on.
                      My monitor can't handle any resolution above 1024x768.

Comment

I feel your pain, though I won't this time tomorrow. :D My advice: Make that the next upgrade. I wish I had gotten a new one a long time ago, instead of putting other stuff first.

Comment

Not like it matters for me cause my 17' already support 1280x1024, but i am gonna get a 19' from parents soon as a grad gift. It supports 1280x1024 also and no higher.

Comment

I just bought that Video card from Best buy last week. I'm realizing now that BF2 asks for higher end cards in order for it to work. 2 questions, will my card work and will I enjoy the expereince without it locking up. Also, is BF2 online only, can I play it in single player mode. Thanks.

Comment

Yes; yes; no; yes, but it's much more limited and not altogether than enjoyable on singleplayer. Singleplayer is mostly for practice and learning the game IMO.

Comment

I feel your pain, though I won't this time tomorrow. :D My advice: Make that the next upgrade. I wish I had gotten a new one a long time ago, instead of putting other stuff first.
                                Nah, I'm thinking of getting an X800XL instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X