Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

I just bought a geforce fx 5200, and i cant get it to fit. I do havean agp slot bout my bay is too small to house the card. WHat do I do?

Re: Please help me

My first thought is that you have an older AGP1x mainboard. While it is an AGP in technology, it only works with a 3.3v video card. During one of the AGP updates a tooth was added to the port design to keep newer cards (requiring lower voltages) from being used in older boards and killing the video card. If this isn't the case with your setup, let us know mainboard at least so we can help out more.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Duct Tape. Maybe a hardwood staple gun.

By bay, do you mean the AGP slot is too small or the area inside the computer is too small? Or the slot on the back is too small (I've had the problem, especially with screwless mounts). As Darth said, knowing what kind of board you have would help.

Comment

I mean the area inside the computer. And I have a Compaq Presario s40100m. Its only two years old.

Comment

The last zero in your model number is actually the letter "O". While I was unable to find any specs on the machine (they're probably there but after 5 minutes of messing with their convoluted page setup I got tired of playing with it), I did find a page referring to instructions on installing an aftermarket video board. Here it is. You'll notice that there is a comment just a short way down stating that all boards do not have an AGP port on the mainboard. You might want to double check this just to make sure as some so-called AGP boards are actually using an onboard AGP video adapter without having a real AGP slot mounted on the PCB.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

The infamous "phantom" AGP slot. Windows Device Manager says there's one in there, but when you open the box, you see two rows of contacts where the slot should be soldered to. Fairly common among computers from Hell, Comcrap, Hopelessly Pathetic, Craptivas, and other named-brand PCs.

Comment

Working...
            X