fx 5600 makes my computer mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fx 5600 makes my computer mad

so any time i boot up/restart my computer, it gets to windows, loads all my icons and everything and freezes and sits there for about 10 seconds, and reboots again. this happens about 2-5 times every time i boot up/restart my computer until it boots up all the way to the point where i can use it. it gives me the error message that i attached. also, when i try to run games, the screen goes black like its going to run the game, and my computer restarts. then we go through that first little process again. my computer is blaming it all on my fx 5600 that has the lastest drivers, and its been acting up like this through about 3 driver updates. so is it time for a new video card or is there a fix for this?? thanks folks

ok so it didnt insert my screen shot, but the error message says

"Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown.
    Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure.

The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing
    operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a driver
    update.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
    The display driver for NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 seems to be
    responsible for the system instability

To see what data this error report contains, click here."

then theres the option to either send the error report, or not to send it...you all know what im talking about...sadly.

Comment

oh, and nothin is overclocked...sorry, i really gotta remember to put all this crap in my first post :?

Comment

Either your drivers are ****ed up or your card is ****ed up.

Comment

lol, so in other words, its time for a new card

Comment

Did it ever work right and this is something new? Make sure that you have the latest mb drivers and DirectX loaded too. Any bios updates for the mb or vid card that address this?

Comment

its been happening for probably a month now. it worked fine for about 9 months. as soon as it started happening i got new drivers for the video card and it didnt fix anything, so i got new drivers for the mb, and that didnt do anything either, so i dunno what to do.

Comment

How are you changing your drivers? It may be worth downloading Driver Cleaner http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/ and following the info in the "read me" file. If you had a corrupted driver at some point then it is possible that different drivers are not able to correct existing problems due to an improperly modified registry or cab setting. Driver Cleaner seems to help if instructions are followed properly.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

alright thanks, i'll try that and see if it helps. ill let you guys know

Comment

well that seemed to have fixed the problem. i my computer booted on the first time in a long time. thanks a lot guys, i'll post back again if it turns out that i need to try another method. prairie, you own.

Comment

Glad I was able to help. Driver Cleaner is a nice little program that I've been using for a while now. Had a beta forceware driver last week that wouldn't even let me defrag or boot into safe mode untill I wiped it out.
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                      X