No announcement yet.

bad fps in farcry with 9800pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill try patching the game, although with my ****ty connection it'll take a while

Comment

the patch did nothing to the fps.

Comment

if you answered this in the other thread, then I appologize since I havn't checked it yet... but what ARE your FPS, specificly?

I just picked up FarCry a couple days ago, and i can play it just fine with reasonable settings, including 4x AA. (no-OC 2200+, 512MB PC2100, 9800pro untweaked)

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglee
          with the ingame /r_displayinfo 1 thing i get around 30 fps on high. the problem is i keep getting micro stutters, even 40fps sometimes doesnt look smooth, it's unplayable. even on medium i get a stutter when doing someething like firing for the first time.
          with the patch there seem to be less stutters but now the fps is in the 20s :(

Comment

I'm not going to reread this whole thread, so this may have already been asked...

you have a more powerful system than myself, but I can play FarCry just fine on meddium-high settings. I don't know what my spcific FPS are, but I havn't had a reason to check. But I keep very tight maintance and have tweaked XP about as far as it can go. My question to you is, how much have you tweaked XP? You would be amazed at how much performace you could get out of it. Once that's done, you should consider tweaking the game as well, if you havn't done so already.

Comment

Re: bad fps in farcry with 9800pro

I have a 9800PRO overclocked to 440Mhz core/380Mhz memory running on an AMD 2000+ overclocked to 2.1Ghz (200Mhz FSB) with 1Gig of RAM - after putting in RAM (originally it was 512Mg) i found that those little stutters were gone - and i get a constant 43 FPS at a resolution of 1024x768 with FSAA off and everything else on Very High.
              I recommend that you upgrade your core heatsink on the 9800PRO to something reasonable (stock cooler is far to small) in order to push it's core a bit higher. Anyway, if not, the game should run fine on 1024x768 with most stuff on Medium to High settings; either turn off AA or turn AA on and run it under a resolution of 800x600 to get solid FPS.
              9800PRO is not "the ****" anymore so maybe forking out some serious cash and get a geForce 6800 or Radeon X800 in order to run it like a pig on heat.

Comment

Re: bad fps in farcry with 9800pro

Oh yeah, i have not 'tweaked' the OS nor have I tweaked the game NOR have i installed the latest patch but my system is rock stable and WinXP is only used for games (yeah, i'm a linux boy).

Comment

Working...
                X