Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Lag when playing Online

Hi,

Recently installed Radeon 9200SE PCI, previously had intel 82845G onboard installed. Nightmare install - keeps trying to reinstall Intel so I am still not sure if the install is right so ill run through it. Installed latest ATI drivers ok. BIOS is set to PCI but Windows states VGA has no dirvers and installs Intel drivers. I have disabled the intel in device manager so I now have the ATI primary and secondary display adaptors- Is this right?

Anyway the main problem I have is I am addicted to Americas Army and now when playing online I get the worst lag ever and my ping goes through the roof. In fact it was better with my old graphics card coz my ping was stable and I didnt get any lag, although general movement in the game was a bit on the slow side it was managable and stable when settings were quite low and I don't know why this is happening?

Preinstalled games seem ok btw.

Help!!! My processer is 1.70 Ghz and I have 638 MB Ram.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Maybe my install is not correct ??

Thanks
    Josh

I recently made the same upgrade myself (only AGP instead). :D Sorry to hear your not enjoying it as much. :(

When you install it, make sure that it's set to use PCI for video (you arleady did this) in the BIOS. Mkae sure you acutally have your monitor plugged into the Radeon (I assume you did this as well), When Windows boots up and tries to install drivers for it, don't let it. Download the latest Catalysts or the latests softmodded Catalysts (which work fine for me, they let you overclock, which you should do if you get this working):

Uninstall the onboard Intel video in the device manager if it's there. Try updating the rest of your drivers (primarily motherboard stuff) if you still have problems.

There are also a few guides you should read at www.tweakguides.com. Read the ATI Catalyst installation one, the America's Army Tweaking Guide, and the two Windows XP Tweaking Guides.

Comment

Disable the onboard video in the bios

Comment

Hi,

I followed the guide to the letter but I still have a problem as I think there is a conflict with my Onboard.

I ran some tests suggested using sandra etc. and discovered a problem I can''t get my head around. Sandra shows the following message:-

Warning 2544 - System/video shared memory greatly reduces performance. Use external video card.

How do I fix this? Not sure as its a bit vague and I can't find any good hints how to resolve this

Thanks for replying last time
        Joosh :D

Comment

Check in your BIOS. To do this, try pressing different "F" buttons before your computer starts. Make sure that video is set to PCI or that onboard video is disabled (however it is phrased; it's the same thing). When you get into Windows, go uninstall the Intel drivers in the device manager if you didn't yet.

Also try reading this guide if you didn't already:

Even if these steps don't prevent the message from recurring, I wouldn't worry about it. Sandra probably give that message to anyone with onboard video on their motherboard, even if it's not installed. Hell, I'll go check and get back to you.
          Edit: I don't get that warning message, but I still don't think it matters.

Comment

Working...
          X