GeForce FX5700 Ultra Core Clock Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce FX5700 Ultra Core Clock Problems

I bought an FX5700 ultra 128Mb about 6 weeks ago. The proper default clock speeds are 475MHz Core and 906MHz Memory. The thing was fine (I think) until last night. The card is overclocked, but by no more than 10% which to my knowledge was well within safe limits, I did it gradually and everything.

Last night though I noticed Riva Tuner was reporting 300MHz core in the 'real clock speed' box or whatever it is, the one below the number you adjust in drive level overclocking. So i check AIDA, and sure enough its saying the GPU core is 301Mhz, far below the 475Mhz its supposed to be. If I change the core speed in Riva Tuner or set to defaults, it shows the correct values again, but then goes back to 300MHz a few minutes later.

Does anyone know whats going on? Have I screwed up my card or what?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that the FX5700 ultra's downclock themselves when they are running in 2D mode. So if you are sitting in windows and are getting these values in Riva Tuner and ADIA it could well be they are right.

You could try running a 3D game in a window and seeing if the core pops up to 475- I reckon that they probably will.

Comment

Cheers mate, you've saved my sanity.

Comment

I just used coolbits. someone here gave me the link, it just makes it to where you can adjust the clock in the advanced tab. You can also set it to 3d from there. I find this easier than using riva or power strip.

Comment

Working...
        X