Who is right Chaintch or Rivatuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is right Chaintch or Rivatuner

I have bought New FX-5200 by (Chaintech A-FX20-N) with a specifications of 128 bit memory interface.
    But it shows on Riva tuner 64bit.

If Chaintech is wrong How should I charge my claim
    If Rivatuner is wrong.

Whenver I tried to overclock my FX-5200 128mb (Chaintech a-fx-20) with coolbits tweak. My system Hang.
    Even 2/3 points ccouldn't be acheived.

Comment

I think that being the weakest gfx card on the market is not helping the situation any. What is the stock memory speed? If it is 332mhz then it would have the slowest memory available and is probably not able to go any higher. Does it have active or passive cooling? Can you see a space between the hs and the core? Try using some artic silver5 or ceramique. What driver are you using?
      athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
      tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
      asus a7n8xe-dlx
      thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
      bfg 6800gt
      seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
      samsung dvdrw
      2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
      logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
      2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
      creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
      mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
      DFI infinity nf4 ultra
      thermaltake tsunami dream -black
      seagate sataII 500gb
      evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
      samsung sata dvd-rw
      2x1024 ocz black
      logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
      ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

I have heard that all the FX 5200's (and FX 5600's) that have spots on the card for more memory only have a 64bit memory interface. Do you have 'empty' memory spots on your card? I looked at the site but it didn't specify if the pic was a 128mb or 256mb card.

The fact that there is a 256mb version makes me think you will- its easy to leave off some chips. If it does have this 'feature' then I think that Riva is right, and Chaintech are lying.

Considering that its a budget card, (passive cooling, tsop memory) I don't think that you'l get much overclock out of it.

Comment

irrffan: According to the ChainTech website its A-FX20-N graphics card does feature a 128-bit memory interface.
          It's more likely that RivaTuner is wrongly reporting your card.

Comment

Working...
          X